06-19-18 ★ We have updated our rules to match our host's update about inappropriate content. Anyone who goes against this will have their IP addresses banned by the host. If you've any questions, please contact a staff member.

06-14-18May OTM Nominations are up and ready to go, they will be open until the 28th of this month.

05-10-18 ★ OOC accounts are now automatically activated on their own once more!

05-09-18 ★ The new Firstborn's name has been decided!

04-29-18March OTM Winners are up! Go check out who won or see the IC News to take a peek with the OTM banners.

Summer, Year 3    Leviticus Era
The new Firstborn Vihaan is visiting the horses of Carinae in Viridian Fields!
The Lost One has appeared needing help of your characters in this site wide plot!
Congratulations to Ritsika, the new player of newly mortal firstborn, Cora!
Welcome new Empress Kashmir of Heretic!
The Red Wastes now has a sub-forum of its own! All Lyrus members can post there but outsiders beware!
The training battle between Gotham City and Caelian has been decided on a winner!

Chatter
Cbox silent? We're in our Discord.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Open  The Eyes Of A Broken Man.
Rogue

Neutral
 Adult, 6 yrs  Stallion
 18.0 hh  1800 lbs
3 Posts 95 points
 EmmyX Offline
Posted on May 16 2018, 4:58 PM.

[*]

The last thing he remembers is darkness. So. Much. Endless. Darkness. He did everything he could but it took everything he loved and banished the only one he trusted. Maybe he could have stopped them if he hadn't exiled his younger brother. They were some of the most powerful beings in existence. Now its all...gone. Olympus has fallen. Swallowed up by The eldest of his line, blinded by greed, fear, and power. I should have never banished you, my brother. That last thought faded off as he opened his eyes and found himself washed up on a beach. He made it. He actually escaped. But with a great move like that doesn't come without great sacrifice. He's now stripped of all the power he had, he was now a semi normal man. His family is gone. The only one left of the line is in this new land, completely wiped of all his memories of his life before. Zeus can now only hope he can help him restore his memory back. Maybe his brother will remember him then.

He slowly lifted his skull and surveyed the landscape around him with his light amber orbs taking in the landscape attempting to get his bearings. He slowly moves his pistons to lift himself up, his daggers digging into the sand. With much effort he finally gets to his feet and violently shakes his whole mass from cranium to rump, shaking off all the sea water and sand off of him. His metallic looking coat shining in the sunlight warming him. It was nice, a great change of scenery from his former paradise. I've got to find him. He moved his pillars forward and slightly winced in pain. He was sore, he has had a long journey. But first, rest  such a strange new place, strange, but beautiful. A new life was now on the horizon for him, the hard part is finding his brother. The even more difficult part is once his memory is restored, will his brother forgive him for what he did to him. Only time will tell.

He lifts his dial towards the sound of the sea birds overhead, he was so relieved to have successfully made it here in one piece. He makes his way to a shady spot and takes a deep breath in, filling his nostrils with sea air. A smirk comes across his maw, just taking in the scent reminded him of his younger brother, how much he misses him. "I'm coming for you, Poseidon" he whispered to himself, "I just hope you'll forgive me." the words drifted off as he turned his head and looked out to the horizon, his banner blowing in the wind, still smirking he shut his amber orbs. Taking in all the pleasant noises of the sea. This was home now, time to start over. 

"He Speaks" | He Thinks. 

[*]
Table © Camy

Rogue

Neutral
 Adult, 5 yrs  Stallion
 16.0 hh  1000 lbs
17 Posts 185 points
 Olive Offline
Posted on May 17 2018, 2:39 AM.

“They will forgive you, whoever this Poseidon horse is. I am sure that they will forgive you eventually for whatever it is you have done.”

These were the words that were coming from the dusk colored stallion known simply as Glenn. He had been meandering through Rimrock Bay when he unintentionally overheard what Zeus was saying aloud. It just so happened that he was going by when the words were whispered, and Glenn felt like he had to say something in response. There was such conviction in Zeus’ tone, and perhaps a touch of remorse as well. And although he was a bystander completely removed from the brothers’ situation, he was positive about it in any case. That was what made Glenn stop a short distance from the buckskin, and what made him start to speak. Maybe it was out of line to butt in like that to someone’s thoughts, and maybe it was not his place to say anything at all. The barbed stallion might have seemed like he appeared out of nowhere, had there not been hoof prints in the sand. Lately he had been visiting beach after beach after beach. What was one more to add to the collection? And he wanted to encourage the other man standing there; it was the right thing to do. If he was yelled at for doing so, so be it then, it did not matter really. In some cases – not all certainly – but some cases, being intrusive was a good thing. Being meddlesome for the sake of just meddling and nothing more was not. Period. But being intrusive for the sake of something good had to count for something. It would hopefully act as a buffer from any ill feelings toward him.

“You probably have better things to be doing aside from listening to my rambling, but consider this. You are searching out the one who you have wronged willingly, and are feeling something close to regret, am I right? It might take a good long while, but the person you are searching for has to see that and forgive, no doubt,” Glenn said.

That wavy mane of Glenn’s lifted lightly off of his neck also with the breeze, revealing the secret star on his forehead that not many saw. It also toyed with his tail fur so that it tickled his ankles a bit as well. An evident smile dotted the Hackney’s features as he stood there, and his blue gray eyes held the same emotion. Glenn probably was not the horse that the other stallion expected, he probably came there to sort through his thoughts, but there Glenn was in the flesh. The two of them were similar in color, though Zeus’ seemed more golden in shade while Glenn’s was duskier. The latter did not want to take up all of the former’s attention or time, but that little snippet of speech was what he wanted to convey. When Glenn was growing up as a colt, he had to do a lot of forgiving of someone himself. He and his sisters were drilled day and night by their father. Young children should not have been subjected to such treatment, though it was coming from a good place actually. Their dad wanted them to be the best versions of themselves, and pushed his three kids to train and prepare like no other. Other foals lived a carefree life while Glenn and his siblings were literally working for the majority duration of their younger years. This brought a lot of resentment, issues, and strife to say the least. But eventually Glenn and his father reached a good point, and everything relaxed considerably. Adelaide and Aida, the stallion’s older sisters, were able to go on about their lives like he did. And from there respect and forgiveness was earned on both sides. The resentment disappeared like nothing ever was there.

“Trust me when I say that everything is going to be okay with you and them. I do not mean to pry into your personal matters, for surely they are personal to you. But go to them without delay. Tell them that you are sorry and I know you will fix it. I am speaking from personal experience here, and it truly works in the end,” Glenn stated. He did not know where Zeus had come from, or how he had ended up where he was. He did not know the background of the stallion, but he just happened to be in the right place at the right time, that was all. From there the barbed boy turned to walk away. The thing that he had come to say had been said, and there was plenty more of the beach to explore.

“I bid you good luck,” Glenn said before starting off again at a walk.  

ooc - Zeus

Rogue

Pacifist
 Foal, 6-12 mos  Mare
 14.3 hh  800 lbs
17 Posts 40 points
 Devyn Offline
Posted on May 17 2018, 3:32 AM.

Azrik
"Your past does not create you.
Your actions are what shape you."
Everything here was so pretty. Azrik found herself thoroughly enjoying all the places she has been already in Elysium, even the mountains and gorge she had visited when first arriving. She hadn't been able to play in the water here, wary of the cliffs as she was, but she and Nicla had found ways to entertain themselves nonetheless. They had played games of peek-a-boo with the small crabs before chasing one another through the foliage. It had been so exhausting that the two of them dozed in the sand until their strength returned, only to begin the chase anew.

During this care-free playtime that only younglings could have, they had steadily grown unknowingly close to the two stallions. Azrik let out a shrill whinny when Nicla nipped at one of her bands, whirling to playfully tug at the pup's tail in retaliation. She barked and dropped into a play bow with a tongue-lolling grin. Their joy did not quite dissipate when Azrik finally caught sight of the strangers, though Nicla quickly found her place directly in the filly's shadow.

A quick lope brought her within shouting distance of the two. "Where are you going?" she called to the one retreating, even as her golden gaze turned to the one who was still waiting. "Oooooh, you look like gold!" Heedless of personal boundaries, she crowded close to inspect the golden color. Azrik tossed the stallion a bright grin and pranced in place. She asked Nicla, Is it the same color as my eyes? and shoved her face in the pup's own so she could compare.

The pup pushed Azrik's face away impatiently. You're too close for me to see! She glanced between the filly's eyes and the stallion's coat before nodding. It's close enough. Shines like your diamond, though.

Azrik snickered and turned to the other stallion, dusky where the first was gold. "Don't leave yet, I haven't even gotten your name!" she called.

Nicla snorted, sitting down and yawning. You didn't give them ours either, came her pointed reminder.

"Oh, yeah." Azrik spoke next with a very rehearsed tone of voice. "My name is Azrik, and this is my companion Nicla."
"She speaks." | She thinks.

OOC: Zeus Glenn

image by devyn & code by bailandusilueta

[Image: azrik_pixel_by_camyza-dcem0yj.png]

Rogue

Neutral
 Adult, 6 yrs  Stallion
 18.0 hh  1800 lbs
3 Posts 95 points
 EmmyX Offline
Posted on May 20 2018, 3:27 AM.

[*]

His auds point forward and his amber orbs open to make contact with whoever spoke to him, the voice was not a familiar one but yet he let out a sigh of relief to see another creature. His appearance was a simple like his own, he didn't know what to expect, this was the land that his brother was banished to. He had hoped it was nice like this with creatures like him who were gentle and take him in like an old friend. But...he hasn't found him yet. Although he was relaxed he was very guarded. He didn't know this man, who knows who they might be really. Regardless, he seemed harmless enough The other mans words crept into his mind, talking about forgiveness and how it will happen and to trust his advice. Yea, maybe, but you don't know what I did to him. 

His thought was real, but this other man didn't know, no reason to lash out at him about it. He dipped his crown slightly to look down at the sand when the words and movement of the other stallion caught his gaze. The stallion was moving away from him, but what if he knew where to find his brother. Maybe he could help him, Don't go  then, it happened, like word vomit. "Have you ever erased someone's memory!" he shouted back to the stallion, it just came out, it didn't sound angry, his voice was deep and strong, accent thick, but still calm and relaxed. He drew in another big breath to speak again "Because that's what I did to my--" His voice fell off when he spotted another being. It was a young filly accompanied by a even smaller creature. He tilted his cranium and pursed his lips. His gaze was relaxed and friendly, he loved the young ones, be cause he had so many. That many was now all lost. Maybe that's why he was warmed by the presence of the filly

A huge smile came across his maw when she complimented his coat. Since he was is the shade it wasn't nearly as metallic looking as it could be in the sun. A deep, warm chuckle escaped his lungs and he dipped his crest to get to her level, "You think so?? Watch this!" He shifted his pillars to the direction out of the shade towards the sunlight. His mane blowing in the wind his pace was creating slightly. The warm bright sunlight hit his coat, it gleamed a beautiful metallic gold color. He shifted his mass and pumped his pillars in a small circle, his daggers kicking up a little sand a little as he moved. He then turns back towards the young lady and her little companion and he shakes his headt to move his long black mane back into a proper position. He dips his head down to her again, "Very nice to meet you Azrik, where are my manners? My name is Zeus." His kind gaze looks to her little companion, "Also nice to meet you Nicla, aren't you adorable." he never seen a wolf pup friends with a horse before, but stranger things have happened. He smiles and lifts his head towards the other stallion "Yes, please stay, who might you be?"

"He Speaks" | He Thinks. 

Tags: Azrik & Glenn

[*]
Table © Camy

Rogue

Neutral
 Adult, 5 yrs  Stallion
 16.0 hh  1000 lbs
17 Posts 185 points
 Olive Offline
Posted on May 21 2018, 7:35 PM. (Edited: May 21 2018, 7:36 PM by Glenn.)

Glenn was on his way towards the other end of the bay when he heard someone calling out to him. His ears pricked forward once he realized it, and it stopped him from advancing more. He did not think that he had traveled too far away, but as he looked behind him, he had traveled a bit of distance. His hoof prints in the sand leading to where he stood were prime evidence of that. The answer to the question posed to him about whether or not he erased someone’s memory was a resounding no. No, he had never done something like that, and he probably never would. Glenn did not think he remotely had capabilities like that of any sort and did not want to. But an erased memory meant that there was the opportunity to make new, and even better future memories. It also afforded the opportunity to start all over again. Yes, there were past mistakes done that needed to be reconciled immediately. That was the initial problem at hand. But Glenn still firmly believed that forgiveness could be achieved with time. “No man, that is something I was never gifted with, memory erasing. Other things, yes, I suppose, but not that,” Glenn responded back loudly before their conversation entirely switched gears. He was about to figure out who this Poseidon character was to the other fellow, but that got skipped over a bit. It eventually would turn up again as they spoke probably, but it would have to wait.

Little persons always took precedence.

The man’s blue gray eyes watched as the two young friends scampered about together, and a small smile easily etched its way onto his features as well. The closeness of the two in both space and friendship was blatantly obvious, even from afar. While one was a little more reserved in temperament, and the other quite a bit more outspoken, it just worked out for them. It seemed like a strong bond that had been solidified from the very beginning. Hopefully it would last a great deal of years for the pair, far beyond adulthood and the like. It showed no signs of fissures or cracking any time soon, that much was for certain. A friendship like that often only comes about once or twice in everyone’s life, and it is best to hold on to it. In a world full of liars, cheaters, and murderers, friendship is sometimes the only thing that keeps heads above water. When that feeling of drifting or drowning starts to set in, sometimes friends are the only ones to pull others out of it. Lifeguards are not called lifeguards for no reason. The things that adults could learn from children were quite amazing, and they did not even have to try to make it so. Little lives impacting big ones were just as important as big ones impacting the little ones.

Take this instance as a living example.

When Glenn was beckoned to a few times by various parties, he was obliged to listen to them. It just so happens that when a small kid calls and wants to have a few words, you have no choice but to listen to them. Ignoring them usually only leads to further insistence, badgering, and whatnot, though the man had no intention to ignore them. And they did not seem like the pestering type anyways. Glenn accepted the invitation happily, and with a nonchalant walk back, Glenn retraced his steps to join the little group that had formed. He pulled up just as the fur glittering demonstration and name gathering were going on. Today was going to be much more interesting than he had initially expected. He planned just to roam down the beachside idly to kill time and then wander somewhere else. The light bay man was on the bay now though, and would be for a while he suspected. No real complaints there. It was kind of funny that the two males looked somewhat similar to each other, meanwhile having no relation or prior knowledge of one another, and eventually ending up in the same place. But so be it; there is a rhyme and a reason for everything.

“Thank you for the invite back here, everyone. Azrik, Nicla, Zeus, I am Glenn Rhee. Glenn works fine though,” he said. The stallion had no fancy introduction to give, for Glenn was just Glenn, and that was all. No one else but who he was created to be. He looked from person to person in turn, already beginning to enjoy the company he had found. He felt at ease amongst the other trio there. “What brings you all to Rimrock Bay today? Any specific special plans that you have?” he asked, shifting his weight slightly as he stood.

ooc - Zeus & Azrik

Rogue

Pacifist
 Foal, 6-12 mos  Mare
 14.3 hh  800 lbs
17 Posts 40 points
 Devyn Offline
Posted on Jun 01 2018, 2:04 AM. (Edited: Jun 05 2018, 4:00 AM by Azrik.)

Azrik
"That's so cool!" Azrik said excitedly. She and Nicla both watched as he turned in a circle for them, showing off how much more it shone under the direct sunlight. It really does shine like my diamond! He introduced himself as Zeus and told Nicla she was adorable.

The pup growled in frustration. I'm not adorable! she complained to the filly. Azrik simply snickered in response, her tail wagging not unlike a pup's as the stranger rejoined the three of them. Glenn, Nicla corrected absently, staring intently at the jagged spikes that adorned the stallion's legs. She found them far more interesting than the golden sheen to Zeus' coat. An opinion that Azrik did not agree with, but they both left each other to their preferences.

Azrik took the chance to answer first, too excited by meeting new horses to mind her manners. "Nothing really! We just wanted to play and we kind of just ended up here." As she had spoken, Nicla had crept closer to Glenn. She stretched a paw out and poked at the spikes, yelping in surprise at the brief prick of pain. The pup tumbled back to hide under Azrik, shaking and growling to herself. The filly bopped her on the head. It's not even bleeding, you big baby.

Nicla mocked her right back and pulled a face. It still hurt. She pointedly turned away from Azrik's head and licked her paw before grudgingly admitting that she might have overreacted. 

"Sorry!" she apologized for her companion. "Nicla has no manners." The pup growled in response and nipped at her leg, unintentionally proving Azrik's point.

OOC: Zeus Glenn

Rogue

Neutral
 Adult, 6 yrs  Stallion
 18.0 hh  1800 lbs
3 Posts 95 points
 EmmyX Offline
Posted on Jun 05 2018, 1:35 AM.

[*]

It delighted him when he saw that the little filly was impressed with the golden sheen of his coat. It delighted him just as equally that the other stallion decided to rejoin them. Glenn, such a simpler name than he's used to hearing. Not that it would make them a simple man but just strange to him. Perhaps he knows where his brother is, Zeus just prays he's not too late. The filly's companion was much too curious of the other stallions spiked bracelets and got themselves hurt on one of them. A deep chuckle came through his lips as the two bickered back and forth and he dipped his crown to their level as the filly apologized for her companion.

"Aw, don't apologize. You guys bicker like siblings. Nothing wrong with that, I've got three bracelets too if you want to see. Although I'm sure Glenn didn't mean to these won't hurt you." He lifted his dagger and displayed three bracelets, snugly around his lower leg, snug but still loose enough to jingle about. He gave them a little shake and moved them about then softly placed his dagger slightly closer to them. He looked again with his friendly amber colored orbs at the filly and smiled "You remind me of one of my daughters, she was a lot like you." He didn't allow himself to go too much into detail, didn't wna to risk pushing them away or making them uncomfortable. What was important was finding his brother, and hopefully help him get his memory. Then he can only hope that he can forgive him for taking it away and exiling him here. It clearly was a mistake to do so, his brother wasn't the problem it was their other brother, ruler of the underworld and now, their former home. He turned his crown upwards to look at the other stallion as well as the filly.

With a deep breath, "I don't mean to be forward, considering we have just met and it is great to meet you all. But coming to this land wasn't by accident. I've lost my brother--" He turned his crest toward Glenn "The one who's memory I took from him..." His words fell off for a moment then again faced all of them "His name is Poseidon, my younger brother, I fear I've made a mistake and must find him right away. H-have any of you seen him?" there was slight urgency in his tone but still calm and warm complete with a small resting smirk across his maw. He was all for making friends, no doubt about that, this was his home now. But a lot of his mind was preoccupied with his mission to find his young brother.  

"He Speaks" | He Thinks.

Done, mess, but done. :3

Tags: Azrik & Glenn

[*]
Table © Camy

Rogue

Neutral
 Adult, 5 yrs  Stallion
 16.0 hh  1000 lbs
17 Posts 185 points
 Olive Offline
Posted on Jun 18 2018, 8:50 PM.

The conversation at hand was quite the fun one. It was something that the stallion had not experienced in a while and found it amusing. If someone would have asked them what he was doing that day before then, that was not what he would have said at first. But he was glad that he was able to when he got there. Gleen had not been around smaller horses or anyone this much younger than him in a little bit. In some form or fashion, it helped keep things in perspective for him. Sometimes the smaller things in life were the important ones. The fact that Azrik could admire the glitz and glamor of Zeus’ coat, and be so enthusiastic about it was absolutely heartwarming. That child-like amazement was making him happy. It made Glenn smile quite a bit, and the smile itself pulled at the sides of his mouth. A lot of older adults had lost that zeal for life and the ability to smile actually. It was good to know that there was still some who still could.

That look of happiness he had changed into a look of surprise though when he felt a small paw on one of his barbs. Glenn tried to prevent it as best as he could, but it was a little too late for that. The stallion’s blue gray eyes widened slightly upon contact and he too took a step back. That definitely was not what he wanted to have happened to Nicla, or really anyone in the vicinity for that matter. The sharp spikes were for offense and defense, not for small paws to be poked by. Glenn felt a little bad for it happening, for there was nothing that he could do after it already happened, but it did. It was a small accident that was spurred on by mere curiosity. Glenn inhaled deeply, his breath catching a little bit in his throat. There were little things worse in the world than hurting a child, even if only a little bit and not on purpose.  

When the matter was sorted out, that is when the stag breathed a little easier however. “I am so sorry about that Nicla,” Glenn said, “I am just glad that she is okay, and that there was no harm done really. These barbs can be sharp when touched at just the right angle by other people. Obviously they do not affect me much anymore though.” Glenn wiggled a leg in demonstration, but nothing happened to him. He had grown up with the barbs all of his life, and were they basically nonexistent to him except when pointed out by others. This was one of those cases, but it seemed like they were able to move on from it relatively quickly. Nicla nipping at Azrik was evidence of that. Easy enough. The friends continued on with their games as normal apparently.

After the small detour, the group switched to another topic. It was one that was significantly more serious, but just as important as the prior to it. A hum of thought vibrated in Glenn’s throat as he tried to think of the horse that Zeus talked about. He thought back from the moment that he arrived in Elysium up until that very moment. But the light bay man had not heard of anyone named Poseidon recently, or at any time for that matter. His head swayed back and forth a couple of times initially. He had met only a handful of other stallions that might be Zeus’ brother’s age, and none of them held that name.

Glenn went back to his prior spot in the group and looked to Zeus. “Perhaps you can describe him to us a little further. I have not encountered anyone with your brother’s name at all. But maybe I could be of assistance anyways. I would be willing to help you find him seeing as I am free as of the moment. The more eyes the better and more distance covered probably,” Glenn offered up.

ooc - Zeus & Azrik Sorry for the wait. >.<

Rogue

Pacifist
 Foal, 6-12 mos  Mare
 14.3 hh  800 lbs
17 Posts 40 points
 Devyn Offline
Posted on Yesterday, 2:42 AM.

Azrik
Azrik dutifully admired the rings around Zeus' leg, though she privately thought that his coat was far more impressive. Silver was cool of course, but knowing that his gold so closely matched her own interested her. You're so weird, Nicla teased. The filly was unable to reply before he commented that she reminded him of one of his daughters. Azrik's ears flipped forward and faced him attentively before she realized that he wasn't going to elaborate. What little good manners she remembered kept her from pouting and demanding more information.

Glenn is still cooler. Nicla's sulky voice made her snort in amusement.

Oh yeah? How? 

The immediate response brought a few giggles from Azrik. Because he has the spike but they don't hurt him! That's way cooler than a shiny coat and bands.

The two were distracted enough to lose track of the conversation that happened around them, only remembering their company when Glenn offered his help in finding Zeus' lost brother. "Um. Sorry, I wasn't paying attention." Azrik cringed and looked shyly at the ground. "What's your brother's name again?" She paused, suddenly remembering a conversation with a certain king and stranger. "Oh! And I might know someone who can help!" she said excitedly. 

Nicla immediately pointed out, Gotham only offered you a home, not an open invitation to bring random horses into his territory. She shifted uneasily on her paws, casting almost-nervous glances at the two stallions with them. 

Azrik frowned down at her. Well, it's better than starting at nothing. Nevertheless, she added on to her previous words. "I don't know if he will actually help but he seemed nice enough. He offered me and Poseidon a home if we wanted one and Poseidon accepted." She was, of course, completely oblivious to the information she had just given.

OOC: @[Zeus] @[Glenn]