06-19-18 ★ We have updated our rules to match our host's update about inappropriate content. Anyone who goes against this will have their IP addresses banned by the host. If you've any questions, please contact a staff member.

06-14-18May OTM Nominations are up and ready to go, they will be open until the 28th of this month.

05-10-18 ★ OOC accounts are now automatically activated on their own once more!

05-09-18 ★ The new Firstborn's name has been decided!

04-29-18March OTM Winners are up! Go check out who won or see the IC News to take a peek with the OTM banners.

Summer, Year 3    Leviticus Era
The new Firstborn Vihaan is visiting the horses of Carinae in Viridian Fields!
The Lost One has appeared needing help of your characters in this site wide plot!
Congratulations to Ritsika, the new player of newly mortal firstborn, Cora!
Welcome new Empress Kashmir of Heretic!
The Red Wastes now has a sub-forum of its own! All Lyrus members can post there but outsiders beware!
The training battle between Gotham City and Caelian has been decided on a winner!

Chatter
Cbox silent? We're in our Discord.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Open  Life is but a nightmare...
Rogue

Neutral
 Adult, 4 yrs  Stallion
 18.0 hh  1700 lbs
6 Posts 505 points
 EmmyX Offline
Posted on May 10 2018, 5:43 PM. (Edited: May 10 2018, 7:06 PM by Poseidon. Edit Reason: typos )

Poseidon

Not All That Glitters Is Gold.
The Dreams. They keep happening. Over and over, the same dream. He remembers an Island, he remembers that he once lived somewhere by a lot of water, he remembers....her. He does not remember her name or what she was to him. But he loved her. It was forbidden to love her but it did not keep them apart. Then it happened, the higher powers found out. Banished him forever, wiping what they thought were all of his memories of that once peaceful place. It left behind fragments of his past that only appear in, the dream.... 

“Who Am I?" He said to himself. Shaking his crania sending a soft wave of motion down his long ebony banner. His icy blue eyes staring out onto the landscape. He was more comfortable around the water. It was calming to him. He raised his dome to the sky, the sun peeking it's face from behind the clouds. It warmed his coat, the small metallic flecks in his fur glimmering in the friendly light shining upon him. It felt nice. He drew in a deep breath threw his dark nostrils, the smell of the lagoon greeted his senses like an old friend from the past...the past, something he was not familiar with. There are only bits and pieces that remain. He doesn't know his friends, his family....his lover. He does not know what love is, it is and emotion he is no longer familiar with, but her face remains in his memory. He slowly moves his pistons forward, he's in pain, he didn't even know what it was like to feel pain, what was this place?

“How? How did I get here?" His right dagger slicing into the ground, tilling the unfamiliar earth below him. Confused. Frightened. So many questions and no answers in sight. He was alone now. He believes he was once such a powerful being, endless power, a force not to be reckoned with. But, there was one rule, and in his selfishness broke the law. Now he lives his punishment. The punishment of loneliness, leaving him with nothing but a name and fragments of who he may have been. 

He approaches the beautiful turquoise water, the sand under his daggers felt nice, dare he put one in the water? A smirk stretched across his maw, almost devious. Slowly, he press his hoof into the somewhat warm water. He gazed with his icy orbs at the ripples the spread through the water distorting his image in the clear water. Looking down a few feet away he noticed some strange fish. Strange. But Beautiful. He continued to hold his warm smirk as he looks out to the edge of the horizon. Peace.

"Your character's speech tags." | "Your character's thinking tags."

OOC | OOC notes: Short i know, but I'll try to improve on it

King

Aggressor
 Adult, 11 yrs  Stallion
 20.0 hh  2400 lbs
88 Posts 3,460 points
 BailanduSilueta Offline
Posted on May 10 2018, 8:20 PM.

Before anything else, Gotham was a man of the sea. He'd not been born to the ocean's caress but he'd adjusted to it and come to love it more than anything. His relationship with water was solidified upon his arrival in Pantheon where he was promptly honoured with the magic of its manipulation. Of course, later on he was prized, too, with the contortion of psychic enchantment but first and foremost he belonged to the sea. Years down the line brought royalty to the beast's history, placing him King of the Aqueous realm where his powers were heightened and his importance increased tenfold. Until Pantheon met its makers.

The behemoth was stripped to the bone with the downfall of his Kingdom. All he'd ever had was lost to a mass of burning brick and bitter floods. He was used to being left with nothing, the man mourned not for what had fallen to the flames of apocalypse but instead focussed on where he could take his life henceforth. His feet trod ceaselessly 'til he stumbled upon another land to call his home. Elysium.

It had been a year or so now since his integration into Elysium and already he'd regained his royal prefix and social standing. He was not a beast that relied on status or popularity but it was undeniable the man was born a leader. It suited him, with his blatant stoicism and practically emotionless tendencies. He didn't grow attachments but he was practical and he was intelligent. Such were pretty important characteristics for a King.

I digress.

It is his love of water that brings him today to the Prismatic Lagoon. As of late the stag has been caught in the grasp of his herdland, knotted into the numerous dramas and traumas happening there. At least the situation with the orphaned fawn was now in hand, and he trusted Luvena to tie any loose ends. The ruthless killer was still very much on the loose - that was proven by the recent attack on the Satin Beach - but he was allowed a little respite once in a while. 

Charcoal nares drank in the ocean fragrance with greed. Salty air poured into his lungs and the stallion breathed a loud sigh, a contented sigh. For a moment he stood at the lagoon's edge, hooves embedded an inch or so into the dark, faintly glittering sand. His mismatched gaze flitted over the water, tracking the coloured paths of various fish and crustaceans as they made about their idle days, before becoming distracted by the shadow of a man stood a slight distance away. The stranger seemed as peaceful as Gotham in the way he and the Lagoon interacted with each other. Serene. He almost wished not to intrude, watching the slow movement of a hoof being placed into the water, but decided he would interrupt anyway. Small talk wasn't his thing - pleasantries and chit-chat were utterly futile and quite simply boring - but as a King it was his duty to at least appear approachable. It wouldn't exactly do him very well if this man were to start spreading rumours about how the King of Crucis just stared at him a while before leaving without saying a word.

Verging on reluctantly, the stallion picked up his feet in turn and closed the distance between himself and the stranger. Each hoof left a crescent the size of a dinnerplate in the sand, though the impressions were promptly washed away by the relentless, lukewarm tide. The salted shallows plastered Gotham City's dark feathers to his fetlocks but he didn't care. In fact, the salt on his skin was a familiar touch, one he relished rather than hated.

Before the distance was entirely closed, the King stretched out his nose and his lips quirked into the smallest, smallest of smiles. He came to a stop a few feet away from the other man and spoke with his gaze skittering over the sunlight as it danced across the rolling waves in front, "Hello," his voice was for the most part void of emotion, though intent enough ears might've heard a touch of warmth, "What brings you to the Lagoon today?" ugh, here we go with the damn small talk. He hadn't heard the words of the stallion before he'd approached, though if he had he might've had questions to ask that promised more interesting answers.

His dark tail swayed lazily, onyx hair and cyan jellyfish lappets swatting over his hind legs as his flanks received a spray of saltwater, cast out of the waves by the wind. There was always a chance this man had a story.
i am the monster you made me
tag: Poseidon
<3

Rogue

Neutral
 Adult, 4 yrs  Stallion
 18.0 hh  1700 lbs
6 Posts 505 points
 EmmyX Offline
Posted on May 10 2018, 9:08 PM. (Edited: May 10 2018, 9:25 PM by Poseidon. Edit Reason: typos )

Poseidon

A small, very soft chuckle escaped from his maw as he watched the fish below the water. They looked as if they were dancing to a tune only they could hear. His left aud shifted to the left, he heard something, something familiar. It was also frightening. He was no longer alone in the lagoon. He slowly picked his dagger out of the water and raised his crania. He was afraid to look over his shoulder, what if it was something bad. He was not a man who recalled being a fighter and he most certainly wasn't any condition to right now. | "Oh, Just look already." His inner dialogue always was wanting him to face his fears of other animals they may not be the worst ever.

As soon as he heard the voice of the man who had interrupted his state of nirvana he lifted his crest high and shifted his dome to face the creature. And what a creature he was, he looked like an upgraded version of his own physical form. He was taller than him too, and his voice was solid, but calm enough to not sound threatening. After he spoke again he realized the man was speaking to...him. Who was this man, he himself not feeling much like anyone. how would he? All he knew about himself was his name and some of where he came from. A very small smirk came across his maw as he subtlety studied the brute. "Oh uh...nothing. I mean, I don't know, I mean" His voice was deep and bellowing. He really didn't no why he was there...or how he got there. He really just found the only place where he was comfortable. He drove in a deep breath through his nostrils and shook his long black locks "I-I just enjoy it here, thats all" his voice, although deep, sounded very timid, very unsure. He dipped his cranium and started twirling his right dagger around in the sand. He didn't know he was doing it, he just started doing it. With all that is missing from his memory nothing he does subconsciously is too shocking anymore. He looked back at the man in front of him again. He struggled with eye contact, not because he was intimidated but he was timid and didn't know how to react. He didn't know who this man was to this place, he didn't even know where 'this place' was.

"So, what about you, what brings you here today?" His dagger still twirling in the sand "Smooth Poseidon, stupid question" It probably was to, stupid to ask that. This man probably does whatever the hell he wants and doesn't question him at all. He backs himself up slightly so he can see the man better, he sure was interesting looking. But strangely, he was sorta comfortable around this new man he was encountering, he wasn't frightened, he was calm. It was like he knew him already, maybe in his past. The past was not coming back to him any time soon so | "Sure. Let's Talk. Let me see what your all about."He continued to stare at the brute with his icy blue orbs, the smirks not leaving his face.   

OOC | OOC notes

Rogue

Pacifist
 Foal, 6-12 mos  Mare
 14.3 hh  800 lbs
17 Posts 40 points
 Devyn Offline
Posted on May 11 2018, 2:56 AM. (Edited: May 12 2018, 4:12 AM by Azrik.)

Azrik
"Your past does not create you.
Your actions are what shape you."
So little attention she was paying to her surroundings was she, that the change from regular sand to volcanic sand was only noticed when Nicla pointed it out. Azrik stopped immediately, nostrils flaring as she lowered her head to the ground. Nicla was teasing her for her lack of attention. "And you call me rude," she muttered under her breath.

Unfortunately for her, Nicla's hearing matched her own. That's because you are rude, the pup retorted. She snapped at the air and started to lead the way with a high tail. Azrik shook her head in amusement and trotted easily after her companion. Now that she was truly examining her surroundings, she could see the crystal-blue water making a stark contrast against the dark sand. Her steps picked up in excitement as she passed Nicla and splashed in the shallows.

She snorted in excitement and sent a wave of water to the pup lingering at the shore. Oh, come on! It's fun!

Nicla turned her nose up and stepped even further back from the water line. You can keep it. I like my paws dry.

Joy-killer! Nonetheless she exited the water and shook each leg dry. "Come, let's go exploring. There's gotta be something fun around here somewhere."

-x-

The sight of two horses off in the distance captured her attention. Nicla tried to warn her to approach cautiously, but Azrik brushed her off and sped up so as to reach them faster. Completely and utterly heedless to how much these stallions towered over herself, she fearlessly inserted herself into the conversation. "What are you two talking about?" she asked curiously. Nicla nervously pressed her trembling body against Azrik's legs. The filly may not have the sense to feel danger, but the wolf pup felt enough for both of them. 
"She speaks." | She thinks.

OOC: Poseidon Gotham City 

image by devyn & code by bailandusilueta

[Image: azrik_pixel_by_camyza-dcem0yj.png]

Rogue

Neutral
 Adult, 4 yrs  Stallion
 18.0 hh  1700 lbs
6 Posts 505 points
 EmmyX Offline
Posted on May 12 2018, 4:00 AM. (Edited: May 12 2018, 7:22 PM by Poseidon.)

Poseidon

He was starting to get nervous. The large stallion in front of him was silent, but still appeared calm. he tried playing it cool then a noise pulled his tubes forward, almost violently, they weren't alone at all. He turns his skull in the direction of the commotion and sees another creature approaching, and much, much too fast. Too fast to his liking, although a rather large man he was still timid and skiddish. Of course he would be, he doesn't even know where he is. all he knew was being approached way to fast. He shifted his whole being towards the other creature and reared up slightly on his hind pistons and let out a deep gravely scream, the kind that would echo through out the landscape and also send chills down the spine. Breathing hard he backed up so far all four pistons were now in the water. He was scared, almost like something took control of him and his icy blue orbs, just moments ago where bright and clear suddenly were glazed over by a onyx black as he arched his crest. He himself experienced a complete mental black out.

It was like he exited his mind and could only watch behind the blackness of his own eyes. The turquoise water about four or five feet out started rippleing around him. He managed to grab hold of his consciousness and immedietly shut his orbs tightly and violently shook him cranium his long black mane skimming just below the water. His pistions were only a half a foot in the water, he stops shaking his skull and opens his orbs. They were back to their normal icy blue, a deep exhale exited his nostrils, a dull ringing in his ears, looking down at his reflection in the now calm water. It's like nothing happened, he suddenly remembered the other beasts that were around them and raised his crest and looked at them both. They were still there almost in the same place where they were | "What the? That was only a few seconds?!" an embarrassed smile spread across his maw as he stared at the other two, unsure what to say to them. He slowly thrust his pistons forward, back towards the duo when he reached the sand he felt a warm liquid exiting one of his nostrils he dipped his cranium downward to find himself looking at a small drop of blood in the sand. 

It disappeared quickly because of the sands dark color. But the crimson nature of the fluid was unmistakable, while his head was still bent a wave crashed against the shore and he dipped his muzzle in it to clean it up. | "What was that??" He thought as he lifted his head back up again he shyly chuckled and said undoubtedly the first thing he thought of "Well, that was crazy huh? You ever have one of those days? I'm sorry if I frightened you miiss, you startled me too I guess. Me and this gentleman have just met. Don't even know his name yet. What brings you here today?" he had a very deep voice but he attempt to make it sound as warm as possible still chuckling a little bit | "Smooth, real smooth. That wasn't weird or anything." His inner thoughts were always against him, kinda like a sinister friend, he didn't really understand anything but nothing was ever really making much sense so he tried to go along with it. He turned his orbs to the new creature that joined, it was a woman. He stretched a warm smile to her, trying to be friendly. He felt bad if had frightened her. She probably thinks he's such a freak. Oh well, who doesn't think that by now. But still, he's trying

OOC | Azrik & Gotham City  

King

Aggressor
 Adult, 11 yrs  Stallion
 20.0 hh  2400 lbs
88 Posts 3,460 points
 BailanduSilueta Offline
Posted on May 14 2018, 2:24 PM.

Well, it seemed he'd managed to startle the man. Not unsurprising, really, given he was 20 hands of immaculate stocky muscle and painted as black as night but for those luminous markings. He wasn't exactly ordinary. Then again, though, in Elysium most were used to seeing peculiar creatures and this stranger didn't seem particularly young, nor was he small or even plain in appearance himself. The skittishness must've been down to something else.

If not scared, then his response to Gotham's question seemed defensive and flighty. Odd. Shame the Crucis King was not one for pleasantries or motherly-ness, or he might've stretched on a wide smile and patted the stallion on the back, repeating, "It's okay, I won't hurt you!". Just picture that scene with Gotham and his new acquaintance - looks ridiculous, right? Gotham's dial lacked a smile and in fact any considerable emotion at all as he listened to his new companion's response. He didn't really seem to know what he was doing in the lagoon but it wasn't exactly important. The behemoth merely nodded in understanding - though the stranger sounded unsure, what he said was not difficult to believe. Gotham certainly enjoyed being in no company but for the salted air and foaming waves. "I seek respite from my duties as King," the admission of his royalty slipped over his tongue with ease for he was not exactly a modest man, "I have somewhat of an affinity with the sea," the jellyfish lappets in his tail swayed lazily behind him as if to solidify this fact, "I like to come here to relax."

What he wasn't mentioning, though, was that in finding company in the Lagoon he was once more resuming his royal responsiblities, even if they were self-assigned. A King was always on the lookout for new blood to give a home in his Kingdom.

There was little time for the stranger to reply before another pair of newcomers rolled up. Before Gotham could blink an eye, he was in the brand new company of a tiny little filly and an incredibly nervous looking wolf cub. The sight was almost comical considering the vast size difference between the foal and Gotham's companion - that's not even mentioning that Gotham stands 2 hands higher than him.

The girl didn't bother pushing down her curiosity but her inquisitive words were overshadowed by the show of the other stallion. He'd seemed to suddenly throw himself onto his hind legs and staggered back into the water as a deep hollar echoed from his throat. What on earth was that for? If Gotham had not been trying to make a good impression as King he likely would've scoffed and left. He had no time for stallions who were... afraid of foals? But no, of course as a royal he had to at the very least appear warm and welcoming. Damn it.

When the "show" was through, the stallion seemed to act almost as if nothing had happened. He brushed off the moment of insanity and addressed the girl's question with a laugh... "Uh, are you okay?" his voice didn't exactly sound sincere but the beast couldn't simply continue as if nothing had happened. He then, however, turned his attention to the young girl and allowed the very slightest of smiles to shudder across his pale lips, "Hello," he nodded at her and then her canine friend but likely didn't look very gentle as he did so, "We were just having a chat. My name is Gotham City, what are yours'?" he asked after both the filly and her friend, but the question was transferrable to the stallion, too.
tag: Poseidon Azrik
it's a mess sorry!

Rogue

Pacifist
 Foal, 6-12 mos  Mare
 14.3 hh  800 lbs
17 Posts 40 points
 Devyn Offline
Posted on May 14 2018, 4:51 PM.

Azrik
Azrik flinched and took several startled steps back. Her ears pinned themselves to her skull as she jerked her head high and watched the screaming stallion fearfully. Nicla's hackles rose as she cowered, whimpering and out in the open. The filly stepped forward carefully to herd her companion back to her side. Whatever.... fit the stallion had was obviously over as he apologized and came towards her and the other horse.

She backed up again, this time with Nicla, and kept the much larger stallion between her and the other one. Her ears were no longer pinned yet they remained turned back uncertainly. We should leave, Nicla whispered, even as Gotham introduced himself with the faintest of smiles. 

He didn't seem like he meant to do that, Azrik responded, not yet answering Gotham's question as to their names. 

All the more reason to go now. The pup's eyes were trained on the stranger in question. If that's how he responds to a surprise, imagine how he'd react if he saw something as a real threat. 

The silence had stretched as filly and pup argued, but she finally continued the introductions. "I'm Azrik. Nicla here is my companion." Her voice was steady and betrayed nothing of the wariness that her posture exuded. 

Rogue

Neutral
 Adult, 4 yrs  Stallion
 18.0 hh  1700 lbs
6 Posts 505 points
 EmmyX Offline
Posted on May 15 2018, 12:58 AM. (Edited: May 15 2018, 1:04 AM by Poseidon.)

Poseidon

He took immediate note to the other creatures reaction. | "Great, now they both probably think you're crazy" It wasn't like he could help it, he had absolutely no control of what happened. He doesn't even what "it" was that happened. The other stallion spoke of being a king here, he spoke of it so easily. Almost like he wanted to shove it in his face. But, no matter, so that's what the other man was. He certainly carried himself like he had power but knew how to speak to others which was nice. And this other one, this filly, and her strange companion. He doesn't recall ever seeing one like it. He tilted his cranium at this new creature, he almost didn't notice it before the whole...black out thing. It was so much smaller than himself. He was a tall man, sure, but it's smallness was so innocent, so simple. He turned his icy orbs to the other man when he asked if he was alright. 

"Yes, I'm fine, that was just....really weird" But he wasn't really alright. Not only does he not know where he is, or where he came from. But he's slowly starting to realize he also doesn't know who he was exactly. His auds flicking back and forth while they introduced themselves to me. Finally...a question that he could answer! Something he actually knew the answer to! He felt a heat on his shoulder he subtlety curved his crest to look at it, there was a glowing coming from it. The seashell thing under his skin. It was glowing? This day was getting stranger and stranger. With a quick motion he shifted his ebony banner over it hoping it would be less noticeable. He didn't like getting asked questions about himself, he had little information to give about himself. | "Tell them your name, you look like and idiot!" Thanks inner monologue. "Pleasure to meet you both." He dipped his crest down to the little wolf creature "Nice to meet you too little one." a smile came across his maw his voice was soft, gentle. He lifted his skull again, faced the two horses and his voice is deep and serious but not threatening. 

"My name is...Poseidon. Stranger but friend to these lands." He hesitated, he is not sure he is known to this place, what if they know him? What if that isn't a good thing?? | "Just tell them the truth." His inner monologue was smart sometimes. "I...I'm actually not sure where I am exactly. I'm not...I'm not from here." He tripped over his words a little bit. He'll admit, he was nervous. He's almost certain that his appearance is nothing less than dreadful. Between the cracked horn on his head, the scar over his eye, the limp in his walk. It looks like he was beat up pretty bad. The worst part is, he has no idea why or how it happened. He is hoping that maybe someone has answers for him. Maybe he should let his past go and try to just start a new life, but the need to know is so strong and it weighs deep on his broken mind. The creatures looked seemingly harmless enough. Hopefully they have some information that he could use or trigger something in his jumbled mind 

OOC | What a mess lol Azrik and Gotham City 

King

Aggressor
 Adult, 11 yrs  Stallion
 20.0 hh  2400 lbs
88 Posts 3,460 points
 BailanduSilueta Offline
Posted on May 16 2018, 8:32 PM.

Gotham might've flinched as the young girl backed away from their small gathering. He didn't, because he had little to no emotions, but he might've.

The wolf cub, particularly, looked quite worried. In his presence the pair had no reason for trepidation but the King could somewhat understand their reluctance to remain in the presence of the other stallion who was... inexplicably behaving a little weirdly. Perhaps he was no threat, either, but compare the sizes of the fidgeting stag and the small foal and young canine and, well, there were mountains between them.

He watched the foal before returning his attention to the stallion, attempting to soften his gaze just slightly in order to reassure the cautious child. Despite the first blip where it looked like she might've left, she had decided to stay. It seemed as though this was contrary to the opinion of her companion, but names were offered and the filly did well to disguise any anxieties she might've been nursing. The twitch of Gotham's lip grew a little wider, into what was just slightly more recognisable as a smile, as he nodded at the girl in gratitude of her response. 

The stallion, on the other hand, seemed to have no excuse for the brief show he'd put on. He'd seemed almost to dismiss it with a flick of his ears and the explanation that it was "weird". Um, duh of course it was weird. Gotham and Azrik had assumed that much. As if nothing had happened, the other man dipped his head at the wolf and allowed a gentle tone to weave through his voice. His speech seemed hesitant but the behemoth allowed it, he was in no mood to question or cause ill-will between himself and a stranger. At least he gave a name, declared himself to be a friend (I come in peace?) and that he wasn't really sure where he was from. My-oh-my, this one had a story.

Or.. didn't have a story. There was a story about him somewhere, perhaps that's a better way to put it.

Lifting his head and flitting his mismatched gaze between the 3 others that stood before him, Gotham's smile shrank back into the nonchalant expression he so frequently wore. It wasn't anything to do with being displeased, annoyed, angry or anything, merely that smiles do not suit him. Not his face nor his personality. The King was far better unsmiling. "Azrik, Nicla, Poseidon." he addressed each in turn, his head bobbing softly as he looked at the filly, cub and stallion, "It's a pleasure." Unfortunate, he mused, how his admission of royalty had seemed to skim over both of their heads. Arrogance was not his most prominent trait but it certainly ruled over a considerable percentage of his persona - it wasn't for vanity's sake that he'd hoped the strangers would pick up on his sovereignity, though. No, Gotham simply always had his eyes peeled for potential recruits, had hoped one or both of these might appease him in journeying back to Crucis territory on his tail. No ill feelings if not, but it would certainly prove the conversation to be far more beneficial.

"Not sure where you're from?" he inclined his skull towards P..- Poseidon. He'd heard that name before. Now, Gotham hadn't had the best childhood but it was not without the occasional recital of mythology or fairytale. He'd not exactly grown up to be a man obsessed with Princes and Princesses but with a fascination for time and space came an at least meagre interest regarding astrology, which came often in hand with mythology and folklore. "Poseidon.. he didn't ask for the man's attention but rolled the syllables over his tongue as he searched for the reason behind his recognition, "Is that not the name of a God? Of.. the Sea, if I recall correctly?" for an intelligent man, it wasn't often likely he made mistakes. This memory was a loose one, though, thus he might've accepted defeat if he was proved incorrect.

Not that it seemed the owner of the name would know its origins, anyway.
tag: Azrik Poseidon
<3

Rogue

Pacifist
 Foal, 6-12 mos  Mare
 14.3 hh  800 lbs
17 Posts 40 points
 Devyn Offline
Posted on May 17 2018, 2:16 AM.

Azrik
Weird?! both of them thought at the same time with the same incredulous tone. Nicla curled her lips back when Poseidon paid attention to her, but her warning growl was kept to herself at Azrik's admonition. At least Gotham seemed to be willing to let them somewhat hide behind him. Although his question to Poseidon caused a rather confused look to appear on Azrik's face.

She moved forward with a trace of her former confidence, stepping more evenly into their loose little gathering. Her head lifted high so she didn't have to strain quite so much to look up, though the tilt to the side that it took didn't do much to help. At her hooves, Nicla copied her, staring expectantly at the stallion as Azrik asked the questions on both of their minds. "What's a god? Why do you recognize his name if you've never met before?" Her next and final question was directed towards Poseidon. "And what's wrong with you?"

Nicla let out a shocked bark, whirling to glare up at the filly. Azrik! You can't be mean like that!

Azrik lowered her head to glare right back. "I am not being mean!" she cried, forgetting for a moment to not speak aloud. "I want to know what's wrong with him." One hoof stomped in childish insistence.

The pup sniffed haughtily. Now they think something's wrong with you, she shot back smartly. 

It took a second to register Azrik's mistake. "Oops."

Rogue

Neutral
 Adult, 4 yrs  Stallion
 18.0 hh  1700 lbs
6 Posts 505 points
 EmmyX Offline
Posted on May 20 2018, 4:07 AM.

Poseidon

| "You're so smooth Poseidon, no shit it was weird." the monologue isn't wrong. He nodded his cranium in acknowledgement to the other stallion. He listened to the other man's words, they hummed in his mind. These were hard questions, hard to really explain. How do explain something when you don't even know what happened. The breeze caught his long ebony mane exposing the sea shell on his shoulder, he shifted himself slightly so it was no longer visible. Don't need anymore questions about himself that he didn't know the answer to. His one dagger started to do that making small circles in the sand again. Such a weird habit, but whatever, it is what it is. He shut his icy blue orbs for a moment in thought about the stallion's question about his name | "Think, Poseidon, think!"

There it was, a tiny fragment of his memory flashed before him, it didn't make any sense of course. But what he did see for a moment he decided to keep it to himself for the moment. Only tell the two what they needed to know about it. "I believe you are right, he was the God of water, I think I was named after him." That was all the truth they needed right now, only until he figures out what all of that little fragment meant. " Amd no, I don't know where I am, I don't even know where I came from, I've lost." he paused, took in a deep breath through his nostrils when the filly had asked what was wrong with him. He resisted the urge to roll his eyes.

He tilted his head when the little one stomped her foot. A small smirk came across his maw | "She's goofy, She remind you of anyone?" She did, but he couldn't place who or anything. All this is giving him such a headache, he shook off the thought. That would be one to think about later, but right now, time to clear the air, His voice calm and deep, "You see. I've lost my memory, I don't remember anything about myself except maybe my name. I get fragments of memory every now and then. But for the most part I don't remember much about myself, and I don't know if I'll ever get it back." A deep sigh came over him, He was glad he got that out of himself. Now hopefully they'll understand a little bit why he acts the way he does. Maintaining a steady smirk, orbs fixated on the creatures in front of him. 

" His speech." | "His thoughts."

OOC | I Tried lol Azrik and Gotham City

King

Aggressor
 Adult, 11 yrs  Stallion
 20.0 hh  2400 lbs
88 Posts 3,460 points
 BailanduSilueta Offline
Posted on May 27 2018, 8:43 PM.

"What's a God?" the innocent girl questioned and an ordinary creature might chuckle at her bewilderment. Gotham did not. He merely inclined his head a little towards her with only the faintest hint of a smile perched on his lips. She was not ignorant or stupid, merely... well, young, he supposed. He couldn't fairly be annoyed at her for that but in general having to explain himself was quite a chore. He did, however, grumble a low laugh as she questioned the other man, Poseidon, on what was wrong with him. At least she had no qualms about appearing rude, that rid him of the job. "A God," he kept his tone level, not quite reaching the end of his tether but it was certainly requrining more effort to not seem as annoyed as he felt, "Is... a very powerful being. We don't know if they truly exist or not - some believe, other's don't. But there are many stories about them, all with different names and types of magic." that would do. There was no need to perform a monologue on the details of deities.

Ah. Yes, the God of water. That was definitely ringing a bell. At least they weren't in the midst of the actual God of the Sea - that would put a bit of a damper on Gotham's sovereignity, to say the least. A King in the presence of a real deity, who on earth would be considered the superior there? Yet this man had no idea of his origins or anything. Odd, but Gotham didn't... well, he didn't care quite as much as he maybe should've. "God of the Sea, that makes sense." he nodded once rather abruptly, "A lost memory... I can't say I've experienced the misfortune myself but I'd like to say in parts like these it's not uncommon. Elysium isn't without its various herbal and natural sorcerers, besides those with gifted - yet somewhat more violent - magic who may be able to help. Perhaps you could seek out one of those?" it was the most advice he was inclined to give, knowing full well that he would be of zero use himself. What the fuck was he meant to do?

At least it seemed to somewhat explain the stallion's less-than-ordinary behaviour. Funny how if one saw the three from a distance, they might've assumed Poseidon to be the most.. normal. There was a tiny filly with her canine companion, evidently young and inquisitive but not old enough to have developed an ordinary maturity, and there was Gotham, a colossal hulking beast with glowing markings and jellyfish limbs in his tail. Poseidon was at least a normal size, even if he was no more normal in other aspects.

After the silence had stretched out between the three a few moments more, Gotham almost dipped his head and decided to hesitate no longer. "Excuse my haste," though his face displayed no apology, only regal blatancy, "but if you, either of you," he scanned over Azrik and her companion and then Poseidon, "Should seek a home while you search for a sorcerer, or simply a home in general, you are welcome to stay in the Eternal Woods of Crucis as citizens of the herd I rule over." he endeavoured to keep his words sounding formal, rather than as if he had rushed into the topic, "If it would interest you, there are ranks besides citizens, too. Healers, carers, soldiers, jury positions. Perhaps you would like to take one when you are older, Azrik. I'd be happy to let you try out for a rank if you wish now, Poseidon. Though if neither of you wish to follow me to my home, I shall accept that too. I cannot force you."
this is AWFUL but here!

Rogue

Pacifist
 Foal, 6-12 mos  Mare
 14.3 hh  800 lbs
17 Posts 40 points
 Devyn Offline
Posted on May 30 2018, 5:38 AM.

Azrik
Azrik listened as Gotham answered her question. "That's confusing," was her conclusion. "Why are they powerful? What makes them so special compared to... to me, or you?" Both younglings were oblivious to any reluctance on Gotham's part to divulge further information, so focused were they on getting their curiosity satisfied. The conversation was derailed as Poseidon spoke again.

Lost my memory, Nicla parroted back meanly.

There was no hesitation as Azrik responded. And you call me mean. The pup sniffed but didn't give her another look, ears pricked forward attentively as Gotham explained that there were horses that could help him regain his memory. Magic, she whispered to Nicla. There's even more magic here than we saw before! The filly's tail wagged in excitement not unlike a canine's as she bounced in place.

Always the voice of reason, Nicla pointed out, He also said that some have violent magic. Her ears pinned themselves back briefly. So some of them could even -

Details, details! Azrik interrupted her. She nudged the pup so hard that Nicla fell over, giggling at her companion. C'mon, it'll be fun figuring out what all is here for us to see!

Nicla nipped at Azrik's muzzle, but didn't bother to speak again. A good thing, too, as Gotham addressed the three of them again. 

"A home?" the filly whispered to herself, voice filled with longing. It had been so long since she last knew the safety of a herd. It felt like life times between then and now. Nicla whined and pushed against her legs in comfort, side-eyeing the stallions to make sure they weren't paying too much attention to Azrik's emotional response. Nicla... we could have a home. In the woods, too! Woods are so much fun to play in.

But we wouldn't be able to wander all on our own, would we? she countered. We can meet so many others right now. What if they want to keep us in one place? Besides, imagine if we find something even better than some silly woods. 

Azrik thought that over. You're right, she finally admitted. Her head turned to Gotham, her voice unconsciously adopting the same serious and formal tone that he had used in his offer. "Thank you, but Nicla and I are good for now." She hesitated for a few seconds. "But if we change our minds... can we join later?" 

Rogue

Neutral
 Adult, 4 yrs  Stallion
 18.0 hh  1700 lbs
6 Posts 505 points
 EmmyX Offline
Posted on Jun 04 2018, 10:29 PM. (Edited: Jun 04 2018, 10:32 PM by Poseidon.)

Poseidon

Poseidon was glad that the other man could explain what a God is. Saved him a lot of trouble trying to do so. Although the filly's follow up question was very interesting | "What makes a God different." He honestly didn't know how to answer that question. He doesn't really know if anyone has a good or right answer for that. He couldn't help but wonder, was he related to the God of the sea? Was he a deity himself? Was not important right now, what was important is what else the other man said. Could he really find someone to help him get his memory back? And what did he mean about the dark magic? | "So many questions. Why don't you ask the right one." Always the voice of reason, the King was also offering a home. How could he take the offer if he doesn't even know where he's from or he is. Although it would provide safety and security in his search for someone to heal him of his memory problem.

"If I chose to go with you, will I be able to find someone to help me get my memory back? I don't mean to be rude about your generous offer, and I am grateful, but that is a little more important than a home. Don't you think? He was in no position to bargain or barter with a man of his status but if he hadn't mentioned anything about magic that could get his memory back perhaps he wouldn't even try. How did he even have the knowledge to barter anyway? "If You know someone who could help me with memory problem, perhaps help me find them. I would be more than happy to join your lands. Although if you can't, the safety and security of your lands would be most helpful to me in my quest." seemed like an honest counter response. Poseidon is starting to realize that he too was a kind man, he doesn't believe he has a evil bone in his body.

He can't help but thinking, however, what if he doesn't want his memory back? What if it was erased for a good reason. Could he have been evil? He shook his skull at the flooding of questions in his mind. He eyed the filly as her innocence was refreshing, he still cannot get over how she had a furry companion. They fought like siblings, or what he things they fight like. He was shocked that someone so small would refuse an offer the other man had given her. | "Why wouldn't she want a home?" In the woods too no less, something lush and green, safe. It would be perfect for her. | "Why do you even care?" He rolled his eyes slightly at the thought, I guess his conscience is right, shouldn't get too attached to things. He didn't know these lands well enough to make any relationship important, to make really anything important. He nodded his head to the filly and her companion "So nice to meet you both." a small smile stretched across his maw, his icy blue eyes twinkling. He really did take a liking to her, perhaps he will see her again. He then turned his attention to the hulking stallion. "Do we have a deal?" his voice was warm his small smile still on his face with a slight sense of uncertainty for he was unsure if he over stepped any boundaries. Oh well, too late now. 

" His speech." | "His thoughts."

OOC | Azrik and Gotham City

King

Aggressor
 Adult, 11 yrs  Stallion
 20.0 hh  2400 lbs
88 Posts 3,460 points
 BailanduSilueta Offline
Posted on Jun 10 2018, 3:43 PM.

The dark sovereign feigned an amused chuckle, shaking his head at the filly and her companion in turn. "Life simply... is that way." he asserted, struggling not to become bored by the inane topic of conversation. Why should he be the one that has to explain the origins of godliness to a clueless child? That simply didn't seem fair. He refrained from sighing outwardly, however, and pushed on through. This would be good for him some day, surely.

Gotham's amusement became a little more real when the girl chirruped some kind of retort to her wolf friend - whether the cub had spoken first and Gotham simply hadn't heard her, he wasn't sure. She then began to... bounce on the spot? Strange child. 

There seemed to be some trepidation from Azrik as she considered his offer, before she gratefully - and gracefully - declined. There was no denying Gotham City was a little disappointed but, true to his solitary and blunt nature, this was only for he was looking forwards to adding a little fresh blood to the population of Crucis. They were distinctly without children in the Eternal Woods, and while he wasn't a fan of foals himself, he knew that some of the others would be. That, and the fawn-turned-foal would likely appreciate a little company. She did ask the question of joining at some point in the future however, and her enquiry was greeted with the smallest of genuine smiles. "That's quite alright, Azrik. You are welcome to join whenever you wish - and know that within my land there are no restrictions, either. You would never be limited or confined in any way." he nodded briefly as Poseidon began to talk.

This response was altogether quite different. He seemed to be posing a deal of some sorts, and yet there was no ultimatum. He joined Crucis or... he joined Crucis? Inwardly, Gotham had some sort of a thought akin to an amused snort. Well, at least he'd gained another member regardless.

The deal Poseidon posited was curious. Could he find someone to help with his memories? In truth, Gotham City wasn't too sure. As solitary as he was, the King had come across very few healers or magic wielders within Elysium. He seemed to recall that Luvena, the honrary judge of the court of Crucis, was gifted in the talent of healing. The details of such a skill were entirely unbenknownst to him, however. Nevertheless, she was practically the only creature he knew personally who might be able to help, and would surely be a good enough place to start. Having made up his mind, Gotham allowed the smile on his lips to stretch ever so slightly, "I admire your democracy, Poseidon. In fact, within the ranks of Crucis there is one who may be able to help you herself. If not, I shall assist you in finding someone who can." he looked upon the other stallion with the slightest of arched brows and yet still allowed a ripple of warmth to sway over his features, "You may consider yourself a citizen of Crucis regardless - it would be an honour to offer you the safety of my home. One might say: yes, we have a deal." 

If only there were a way creatures of the equidae could operate a handshake.
<3

Rogue

Pacifist
 Foal, 6-12 mos  Mare
 14.3 hh  800 lbs
17 Posts 40 points
 Devyn Offline
Posted on Jun 15 2018, 12:51 AM.

Azrik
She grinned at Gotham when he agreed she could join him in the future if she wanted. Even better was the fact that if they did decide to join, he wouldn't keep them confined. It was almost tempting enough to make her change her mind but... It was better safe than sorry, in her opinion, to not even risk being held back. There was so much to see in the world, after all. And chaperons were boring. I do miss having other foals to play with thought...

Both pup and filly tilted their heads as Poseidon spoke to Gotham. Neither of them could truly follow his train of thought, but Azrik figured he was just trying to make sure that he would have help in recovering his memory.  At least he accepted the offer, so the filly didn't feel quite so bad in declining, Her tail flicked in reply to Poseidon's words. "It was fun meeting you!" was her reply. Unheard was Nicla's quiet muttering about how much fun it was, considering how odd the stallion continued acting. Azrik simply huffed and ignored her friend, moving forward to try bumping noses with the much taller stallions.

"Nice meeting you, too, Gotham. Bye Poseidon!" She took off in a random direction in a prancing trot, Nicla keeping pace by her side faithfully. Suddenly, the pup nipped at Azrik's pelt and went into a dead run with a yelping laugh. The filly squealed and followed, reaching out to continue the game of tag.
Azrik and Nicla exit