06-19-18 ★ We have updated our rules to match our host's update about inappropriate content. Anyone who goes against this will have their IP addresses banned by the host. If you've any questions, please contact a staff member.

06-14-18May OTM Nominations are up and ready to go, they will be open until the 28th of this month.

05-10-18 ★ OOC accounts are now automatically activated on their own once more!

05-09-18 ★ The new Firstborn's name has been decided!

04-29-18March OTM Winners are up! Go check out who won or see the IC News to take a peek with the OTM banners.

Summer, Year 3    Leviticus Era
The new Firstborn Vihaan is visiting the horses of Carinae in Viridian Fields!
The Lost One has appeared needing help of your characters in this site wide plot!
Congratulations to Ritsika, the new player of newly mortal firstborn, Cora!
Welcome new Empress Kashmir of Heretic!
The Red Wastes now has a sub-forum of its own! All Lyrus members can post there but outsiders beware!
The training battle between Gotham City and Caelian has been decided on a winner!

Chatter
Cbox silent? We're in our Discord.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Private  [ Alliance of Honor ]
Lord

Neutral
 Adult, 5 yrs  Stallion
 17.2 hh  1800 lbs
160 Posts 2,798 points
 Ritsika Offline
Posted on May 03 2018, 9:15 PM.

Kyrian

I'm only a man with a chamber who's got me,,

Starting his journey at Satin Beach, the dusk winged pegasus traveled north and east for quite a time. Terrain evolved from the familiar sands of his herdland to golden plains and then woodlands of the neutral territories. The summer heat wasn’t unbearable but it wasn’t exactly comfortable either. It slicked his neck and shoulders with sweat. When the formidable, imposing sight of the mountains came into view he wished to fly over them but his wings were still too brittle, so he trekked on solid ground. At least a cool breeze was offered in reward for gaining elevation. The baroque stallion was keen on finally sighting the red gem of Elysium. The mountainous ridges seemed to cradle the valley of russet sand until the looming mesas of the desert rose in the distance. With care, he tucked his haunches and picked his path down the less than well-trodden path until he leveled out on the gritty dunes. Sable pinnae were perked in alertness for any sound of approaching hooves – or aggressors of a different species.

Since he didn’t have a mental image to focus on, having never met the mare, the stud wasn’t able to send a whisper to the monarch of Lyrus and announced his imminent visit. Only rumors and whispers gleaned from drunken lips of those partaking in the entertainment of the House of Mischief were his knowledge of the leader, Queen Syrilth. A looming shadow of a vixen some had said in hushed disdain while others adamantly proclaimed her to be a noble judge and honorable warrior. Either way, too many equines could be described as this. For his magic to work he needed an indisputable focal point. So the black roan was cautious as he ambled across the border, a tad reluctant to cross without open invitation and potentially break some etiquette that rulers never admitted but expected. Being a leader was still new to him, with quite a bit to learn, especially about his peers; but the gravity of the situation had him determinedly stepping forward and calling out, "My name is Kyrian, Lord of Arae.

"I wish to speak with Syrilth, Queen of Lyrus. On peaceful terms." The last was a bit of a whim. Who would be arrogant enough to ruin the element of surprise if their intentions weren’t for purposes of good. Either way, his deep gruff voice would carry along the hot air. Though he wasn’t daft enough to think his presence was going unnoticed considering he wasn’t aiming to hide.

"Your character's speech tags." | | "Your character's thinking tags."

OOC | Syrilth Camy said it was okay that Kyrian heard some rumors about the ‘tude Queen. c; So excited for this thread!

Queen

Aggressor
 Immortal  Mare
 20.0 hh  1600 lbs
332 Posts 640 points
 Camy Offline
Posted on May 04 2018, 12:48 AM.

The gruff voice had carried all the way to her ears, as if by magic, echoing off the formations as whomever announced their wishes to see her, the Lyrus Queen, and on peaceful terms.  The wind blew up against her as it rushed up the large rock she was perched on.  With a snort, Syrilth galloped, her wings flapped before taking her up in the air as she pushed off the ledge.

Her figure was like a black comet minus the star trails, the summer heat not bothering her in the slighest, for she had grew up near volcanos.  Her destination was to the passage way that she and Isolde had looked on long long ago on the tippy top of the Lunar Mountains.  It was there that it all started and it had been a while since she had been back.

Syrilth could see a lone equine there, bit dark with vibrant wings.  She stayed in the air as she swooped around, observing whomever this Kyrian was.  Lord of Arae, he had said.  Arae was back?  How long since it been back?  Felt like moments since when she had gone to Satin Beach to discuss a herd meeting with Velgaia, Malphas, and Romi.  Heads were butted then, and she wondered why this Lord said peaceful.  Had he expected for her to whoosh down and attack?  Syrilth could see he was respecting the boundaries of her lands but it hadn't bothered her before.  "Kyrian, was it?  Did you expect for me to unleash and army on you with a battle cry just for requesting me to come and speak to you?" It was a terrible joke in a terribly gruffy voice of her own, but, she didn't care.  She never did.

She finally landed a few feet away from him but not too close.  Hooves dug themselves into the red sand, her large wings and black horns made her look like a dragon as she craned her neck so that sand wouldn't enter into the nostrils.  "So, what are you here for?" Syrilth had a slight guess already, but figured to humor herself.

Table © Camy | Manip © L0AMIE
OOC: Kyrian Excited too~!

Lord

Neutral
 Adult, 5 yrs  Stallion
 17.2 hh  1800 lbs
160 Posts 2,798 points
 Ritsika Offline
Posted on May 04 2018, 9:30 PM.

Kyrian

I'm taking a stand to escape what's inside me,,

He needn’t wait long. With the arid openness of the desert expanding before him it wasn’t difficult to notice the appearance of a winged equine approaching from the air. They started out as a distant dot that progressively grew into the form of a shadow given definition as a pegasus. Against the backdrop of the brilliant blue sky the breadth of their enormous wings was impressive as they purposefully carried their charge closer. Kyrian moseyed to a halt with little dust being kicked up by his cloven hooves. All the while his jealous gaze hungrily watched the glorious display of flight. This time spent grounded was becoming less tolerable by the day. Resting upon his back and arching beyond his flanks his own wings rustled restlessly. The movement was purposefully minimal since the mended bones were yet to firmly set. Too abrupt a jostling would unfortunately cause a delay in the excruciating healing process that he was eager to get through. 

The onyx silhouette took shape as the mare hovered above him. Burnished gold eyes narrowed until the charcoal lashes barely let their gleam peak through in order to keep the grit from getting into them as her impulsions sifted up loose granules. The silver-gray hair guards of his ears allowed him to keep them perked in the direction of the sizable stranger. It wasn’t that she was rotund or drafty, she was simply large: long legged with cloven hooves, broad chested, strongly arched neck, formidable skull, and a mouth that threatened an remarkable bite. From her brow sprouted two spiraling horns that were less than inviting. Yet the baroque didn’t appear too wary. He remained poised as he was with a subdued confidence that spoke of his nature to anticipate the best in others. Because he though wasn’t naïve enough to believe his motive to be sound the majority of the time he did believe that to get respect from others one must treat others with respect first. 

So with a coarse sounding chuckle of humor slipping through his lips the stallion called up to the mare – who hadn’t said but implied herself to be the Queen of Lyrus, Syrilth – "I certainly wasn’t expecting an army when your prestige has suggested that you could surely serve the purpose yourself." The brute did flatten his ears while turning his head slightly away when she made a move to land. The swirl of red soot threatened to enter his nostrils and he gave a blasting snort to keep his airways clear. A stray breeze managed to settle the dust a bit though he was still keeping his lids half-closed to avoid the glare of the sun before returning his sights to settle fully on the draco-equine.

His leonine tail flicked to relieve an itch that some of the powder clinging to the silky indigo hairs covering the underside of his versatile appendage caused. Then he answered her curt question in a roundabout way since he wasn’t certain of what she knew. Since his circle of knowledge was limited, Kyrian wasn't certain what news of Arae had spread thus far and he wanted to give a solid background to lead into the gruesome purpose of his arrival. "The Sister has split and Aranea restored the land of Arae to which she named me leader. I have been in rule for little more than a season," all of this was a preamble for what he spoke of next, "Not a week past a herd of seals were murdered upon the shores of Satin Beach alongside a dolphin’s calf." Speaking so casually of the all the death that had happened that day caused a shiver to skitter down his spine. A chill entered his blood as his memory supplied the grizzly scene all over again in his mind’s eye. The gentlestud had no words to express the horror of what he witnessed that day. "What’s more is that Crucis has had a similar attack and we concur that the suspect is one and the same. Which the culprit is at large with little known about them. I have come to warn you and, more than that, I want to know where you stand." Would this warrioress keep to her own herd or would she be willing to extend her considerable experience to the cause? Either way, the draft stallion would continue striving toward bringing the monster to justice in honor of those that had fallen prey because no creature was lesser in his eyes. 

OOC | Syrilth

Queen

Aggressor
 Immortal  Mare
 20.0 hh  1600 lbs
332 Posts 640 points
 Camy Offline
Posted on May 06 2018, 2:09 AM. (Edited: May 06 2018, 2:17 AM by Syrilth.)

The colorful stallion seemed to have found her joke funny since he chuckled.  His words were so extra, so different from how Gotham City, the King of Crucis, spoke to her.  Her prestige.  Such an old word to say that was still used?  

Personal pet peeves aside, Syrilth listened anyway.  Indeed, she would have done it herself.  Syrilth cracked a grin.  Maybe he wasn't a stick up the ass stallion she assumed he was so far.  "Funny you should mention that since I have ran off a sexist bigot before." Her reputation seemed to be going around even now since that time she ran off Renegade.

The nasty question of how and if he were still alive came to mind, but Syrilth shoved it away.  She would worry about that pest when the time came.  She had better things to think about.

After she had landed, she hadn't minded the red sand getting all over, complete opposite of Ky...Kyrien?  Kyriaan?  Whatever, she would soon get the hang of it.  The way he shifted his tail to get rid of the red sand made her snort in amusement.  "Best to get used to that red sand here, it will stick to you despite your efforts."  Also a fun way to make it seem like you got blood on yourself.  She almost made that joke until he spoke about Arae.  So, it was back on the Satin Beach - wait did he just fucking say that seals were murdered along with a dolphin's calf?  

Syrilth remembered Gotham coming to Lyrus to strike an alliance deal in hopes to work together, and now, Arae, of all herds, was attacked right after the new King was chosen.  She had no idea about this Sister thing though but it seemed like it split.  Last minute thought process since she was pissed.

It wasn't new to her when he shared of how Crucis met a similar attack, no doubt the same killer.  Syrilth tossed her head and bared her teeth, unable to contain her rising fury.  Come to warn her and want to know where she stood?  Syrilth snorted loudly and let out a terrifying roar, mostly to let out her anger and to hopefully frighten whoever the hell was trying to sneak into her lands and pull the same crap here.  There was little food source to begin with and good luck trying to find one here too.  The most they could find were rabbits unless they decided to drag a corpse here.

Her roar echoed off the formations, a mixture of equine and dragonic mixed into a deep vibrato terrifying enough to make the strong minded to feel a hint of shiver. 

"If that didn't frighten them, then I'll be sure to track them down myself if I have to.  I will not put up with this foolish shit."  Syrilth stomped towards the high dune nearby but kept her attention to Kyrian.  "I already offered my alliance with Crucis and now I will give it to you.  No need for proper procedures, since we don't have time for it."  As she stopped to the top, she let out a cry out to Alell the lookout and her knights, Kodarki, Eo, Marauder, Aethelbeorn, Lysandros Tantibus the following:  "The borders must be watched even closer now, I have recieved word that Arae has been met with the corpse of seals and dolphin calf while Curcis before had seen a disfigured fawn.  If you see anyone suspcious, stop them and question and if you must, follow them quietly.  You have my permission to attack if needed."

It was a royal decree, a warrior Queen's, who was not going to put up with this bullshit in her lands or she would track them down herself.

She turned back to Kyrian.  "The moment they even dare enter my lands and pull this, they will sign their own death wish." If she could glow fire angrily, she would've shoned brilliantly more than a star.

OOC: Kyrian
@[Lyrus] No need to respond ya'll, just a IC decree that can be heard and doesn't require one to confirm your character has heard it.

Lord

Neutral
 Adult, 5 yrs  Stallion
 17.2 hh  1800 lbs
160 Posts 2,798 points
 Ritsika Offline
Posted on May 08 2018, 7:06 AM.

Kyrian

A monster, a monster,

I've turned into a monster,,

When the onyx mare grinned it was similar to the feral smile of a jaguar ready and willing to rip into their prey, and her following words didn’t dispel the image in the slightest. Though Kyrian found his curiosity stirring even if now wasn’t the time to ask questions about the sexist bigot and their whereabouts. Her gaze was astute when she took note of his minor discomfort at the way the russet sand irritated his skin.

Syrilth growled and steamed with a fierce temper at his announcement. Had he been a less dominant or less stubborn male he might have cowered at her roar but he wasn't, so the draft merely flinched at the abruptness of thunderous declaration as his ears rang. Her voice was little more than a growl as she threated the life of the loose murderer should they come within the border of Lyrus. Yet that was the peculiar thing. The reason Kyrian had asked about the moral standing of this predator before him. Did she treat her prey with respect or did she dishonor their life sacrifice by considering them lesser? Her answer was a relief as well as a puzzle. Watching as she stamped off toward higher ground, he found his mind wandering to musings of why Syrilth would seek righteousness for the littler creatures of Elysium but he couldn’t fathom an answer. He knew very little of his peers and their motives. Hopefully that would change shortly.

Before reaching the brittle crest, the horned equine bluntly stated that they could be considered allies in this endeavor. That Crucis was also in line was of little surprise for the stoic King had appeared moved by the shocking callousness that had remained on Satin Beach, and the King had admitted to having already been dealt a blow. It was only logical that the monster would strike again. She had warned the defenders of Lyrus to increase their vigilance and to be prepared to act with violence if necessary before facing him once again. Though her threat held truth, he could almost feel the anger radiating like heat from the heart of a fire, Kyrian found his voice reluctant to admit, "Queen of Lyrus, the culprit has already paid a visit to your land." When he found his voice it was with solemn certainty that he spoke.

"This-" shaking his tail off to the side and displacing more scarlet dust particles of sand -"was found around the scene of the crime. Not much but enough." Enough to differentiate from his pristine moon-pale sand after it had been stained by the bloodshed of innocent lives.

He didn't want to interpose that she was hosting a murderer but the monarch of a warrior herd must know that the balance between justice and revenge was precarious. How closely did she monitor and hone her herdmates? The lure of darkness was a temptation few were immune to. At different points in life an equine could be tempted. A light was only as bright as the darkness surrounding it was dark. "Do you know of anyone that might have crossed into my land?" He asked with lethal seriousness.

OOC | Syrilth c:

Queen

Aggressor
 Immortal  Mare
 20.0 hh  1600 lbs
332 Posts 640 points
 Camy Offline
Posted on May 08 2018, 10:17 AM.

When he told her that the culprit already paid a visit to her lands, she narrowed her eyes to him suspiciously.  That was, until he said that there was red sand found at the scene of the crime.  There hadn't been a lot but enough to recognize it.  Now it made sense to her, why he came here.  Syrilth's ears pinned back but she remained calm.  Calmly furious within.  She could feel the beast within stir.  The little punk dared...!  White fury burst out high above her, setting her aflame but didn't harm her nor the sand.  It did give off heat since it was white dragonic fire.

The mixture of emotions inside her of anger, furious need to protect her herd and the animals from such careless killing, and need to watch over Lyrus to not let it fall again had unlocked the final dragonic part of her.  The fire to use.  She wasn't surprised.  In fact, she closed her eyes, letting the fire gorge up on her emotions mentally before opening them slowly.

She was not a bloodthirsty killer who also had a small fuse.  She had every right to be angry right now, but not in a foolish way.  "Next time, mention it first." It was suggestion that had been calmly spoken with a hint of annoyance, but still, she didn't snap.

"No, in fact, I didn't eve know that Satin Beach was back.  Last I was there was years ago when the darkness first appeared on Elysium.  One I do know who it is, I'm going to teach them a valuable lesson of respect."  She licked her fangs, already thinking of sinking them into their neck and thrashing it.  See how they liked it when someone else did it to them.  A growl nearly escaped her in impatience before her eyes shot back to Kyrian.  "If I find a trail on my lands and track them down, the herd and I will take care of them.  Depending on how large they are."  Lyrus was important to her, it had been a herd to call home, and this was the very place she had started it. Having someone walking through without her knowing after causing all of that shit to the other three?  Big mistake.  

OOC: Kyrian 8D 

Lord

Neutral
 Adult, 5 yrs  Stallion
 17.2 hh  1800 lbs
160 Posts 2,798 points
 Ritsika Offline
Posted on May 16 2018, 10:43 PM.

Kyrian

A monster, a monster,

And it keeps getting stronger,,

Kyrian liked to consider himself a sensible fellow. Watching the dark mare as closely as he was, the brute noted the touch of darkness in her eye that suggested she didn’t quite believe him until russet sand he used in demonstration settled. Then he watched her black ears disappear as the flattened against her poll and those eyes pinned him with her controlled fury. At that moment, he didn’t feel pragmatic about his approach because he could have certainly led into the sensitive topic a multitude of other ways yet he thought Syrilth might have appreciated the blunt way he spoke.

Though he instinctively flinched when the Queen of Lyrus burst into flames he didn’t back away. A wave of heat rolled through the air to blast against him. It was as if she was the source of the white fire, he knew magic could be a powerful thing, and he had simply stood close enough to be buffeted by the radiating heat waves. His indigo tipped forelock and mane was mussed by it and his charcoal cheeks were blustery, over-warm. If Kyrian had been at full health he might have flared open his wings in a defensive yet assertive posture but he couldn’t, so he simply kept his citrine gaze fixated on her. At her slow blink, the perceptive stallion observed minute body changes and wasn’t surprised when she spoke calmly. The Lord of Arae wanted to disagree with her statement, not because he thought it was appropriate to dance around a topic but because he only knew of her reputation and it didn’t exactly encourage plain-speaking from a stranger, but he held his tongue. They didn’t know each other. Hence his hesitation to practically accuse her of hosting the culprit yet he hadn’t intended to do that either. Kyrian wanted answers. He wanted justice for all the innocent lives that had been taken by this monster. That was why the dusk winged equine was here on peaceful terms.

"All I ask is for your cooperation in hunting this beast down," he rumbled as she was licking her fangs. The bloodthirsty gleam in her eye was not an unfamiliar look to him. Kyrian hadn’t always been peaceful and he was feeling rather vengeful and protective at the moment. Giving this killer of taste of their own torture wasn’t far from his mind. Kyrian would fight for those he called his herdmates. In fact, he wasn’t intending to leave this burden solely on the shoulders of the draco-equine mare. "As allies, I will keep you updated as we find more clues about this creature and I ask the same of you in turn. Gotham City has agreed to these terms." He wanted to stress that though a trial wasn’t necessarily what he had in mind he did want to come face to face with this demon because the last thing he ever wanted was for an innocent to be wrongly charged.

OOC | Syrilth so very sorry about the wait! Thank you for being patient c:

Queen

Aggressor
 Immortal  Mare
 20.0 hh  1600 lbs
332 Posts 640 points
 Camy Offline
Posted on May 20 2018, 10:29 PM.

The fire within felt like a whirlwind still, her body getting used to it yet also nearly felt right.  Of course it would, she was part dragon and finally got her magical abilities.  How she wanted to unleash it and who better than the mindless killer with grotesque showcases, or presents as someone demented would say.  She wasn't angry at Kyrian though, not anymore, the killer was someone she wished to kill herself.  That is, if they dared showed their face in her sight.

The way Kyrian flinched from her fire wasn't surprising but Syrilth was able to calm it down.  Breathe in and out.  Now the words of what her friends and family who were far older than she made sense.  Talking to yourself, to calm the rage was working but not entirely.  It was a good first step.  She would have no teacher this time to figure out how this magic worked.  Unlike flying where Nike had helped her.  

Syrilth nodded at his request in cooperation.  "You will have it.  There are not a lot of prey to dine on here besides a herd member.  I make no promise however if I need to protect my herd but will hold back on killing them myself.  Though if it leads to it, I will corral them with this fire."  The flames licked up her legs harmlessly nearly in delight.  The warmth, how she missed it.  If only she could see Syrilth now...  What would she think?  White flames that were like her.  It was as if the fire was a replacement, made by her dragonic side.

With it, she would protect Lyrus even more.  

The promise for updates made Syrilth pleased, Gotham had said the same.  The Red Wastes were very far from the others, not a walking or quick gallop distance either.  "Good.  Once they are spotted here, I'll send my fastest knight to tell the news since I may be the only one to keep this little shit pinned down."  It was a hint of low amount of knights but more so that she had all the confidance in the world to hold the killer at bay.  Much less get harmed in the making.

OOC: Kyrian No problem <333

Lord

Neutral
 Adult, 5 yrs  Stallion
 17.2 hh  1800 lbs
160 Posts 2,798 points
 Ritsika Offline
Posted on Jun 09 2018, 9:02 PM.

Kyrian

I'm only a man with a chamber who's got me,,

A spark of hope alighted through the dusky draft when the Queen of Lyrus accepted his terms. They were loose and open ended, promising nothing of a future alliance or any other details, but it was a start. Between them was an invitation to enter each other’s land with news. It was the beginning of a new relationship dynamic that would unfold as time went on and they were able to get a better understanding of each other. That they were both zealous in finding the murderer was only a catalyst in bringing them onto common ground. Kyrian was optimistic that with four herds working together – Arae, Carinae, Crucis, and Lyrus – they would surely find whoever was responsible for the recent casualties in due time. If the four herds managed to remain aligned once the culprit was caught perhaps the land of Elysium would know peacefulness the likes of which it had never experienced before. Still, that was a dream that would have to wait.

"Of course, I would expect nothing less. I, too, intend on protecting my herd. If it comes to a decision between the life of a herdmate or the life of the murderer, I will surely strike them down without a seconds thought. But my aim is to apprehend them for judgement." Should it be one or many, the killer’s crime was too foul to be let off so easily as to escape with a quick death. The Lord of Arae was passionately protective of his herd and those labeled as friend, or even acquaintance. And he did believe in redemption. However, something distinctly gruesome about this case was prickling his instincts and reminding him that not everyone can, or wants, to be saved. Not everyone walks the fragile path of respecting life while acknowledging the darkness within.

The draco-equine mare gave her word that she would send a knight at once should the killer be found within her territory. It was interesting the way she phrased it, “I may be the only one”. Was even the prestige of the Lyrus name not luring in loyal warriors as it once did? Kyrian had a sparse herd as well. Though he thought that might be to do the fact that few knew of the restoration of Satin Beach. A scant number of citizens, mostly young foals and adolescent youth, and a single guardian as well as a priest were the number bonded to Arae. Even though the black roan had not discussed it with his herd, Kyrian responded in turn by assuring, "And I will send my fleetest flyer with word should we encounter the beast – or beasts." He would not underestimate the capacity of evil by limiting the number of suspects.

Watching the flames encircle her limbs, the baroque found he was curious and, before he could think better of it, he inquired, "Have you always wielded such a magic?" Within the last year, the pegasus had developed a variety of magical skills he had otherwise been unaware of possessing. It made him wonder if he could procure such a useful expertise as Syrilthy’s flames or a magic altogether different but just as powerful.

OOC | Syrilth Sorry again for the delay ; ~ ;

Queen

Aggressor
 Immortal  Mare
 20.0 hh  1600 lbs
332 Posts 640 points
 Camy Offline
Posted on Jun 10 2018, 8:53 PM.

Allied again with Arae, a herd reborn like the ocean.  Syrilth's fire became calm on her body, granting her warmth as if an embrace.  Her oath she would take seriously, more than ever before.  Even though Lyrus was still being rebuilt to what it used to be before the mess that Kodarki told her about appeared that seemed to have ruined it.  The tournament had been a loss but Syrilth was stubborn.  She had to be to live in the Red Wastes.

His point of needing them for judgement was how she guessed what with how he and Gotham had come to her about it and voiced it.  To her, killing them would be enough but finding out why.  Would it really be a closure or a waste of time?  Only time would tell.  Ironically.  "Understood."  To her, this case wasn't entirely gruesome.  She had to kill others to feed but to have it left out for all to see.  That was weird and clearly an attack.  "Seems to be a way to warn...but for what...", she mumbled to herself.  

She nodded at his promise of his fleetest flyer sending the news should they encounter whoever did this.  The guess of multiple suspects made Syrilth impressed.  But before she could make more note of it, he asked her about her flames.  Flames that were new yet felt like an old friend to her.

"No," she began as the fire moved up her wings, as if to caress her.  "Only recently did it appear.  You're the first to see me unlock the fire inside.  It doesn't feel new to me at all though, it feels like I found an old friend again."  A friend that she wanted to keep close. I would like to keep it secret for now.  Much as I would like to strike more fear than I already do in Elysium, having the suspect or others part of their plans only expect close combat against me would be ideal."

"How about you?  Do you weild any?"

OOC: Kyrian No worries <333  Sorry if it's rocky, mind is all over the place lol

Lord

Neutral
 Adult, 5 yrs  Stallion
 17.2 hh  1800 lbs
160 Posts 2,798 points
 Ritsika Offline
Posted on Jun 13 2018, 8:02 PM.

Kyrian

Can I clear my conscience,

If I'm different from the rest,,

The Queen of Lyrus acknowledged his pledge to send word at any notice of progress gained with a dip of her head. The black roan suspected she had more to say as her starry eyes seemed to darken with internal thoughts, but he succeeded in changing the topic because of his impulsive question. Watching as the flames crept their way up her forelegs to spread along the leathery arches of her wings the feathered pegasus wondered if he would burst aflame should his wings make contact with the fire. It was not a comforting idea and he shifted his legs restlessly.

To know that he was the first to witness the spectacular phenomena gave Kyrian a misplaced humbleness. He felt the warmth of appreciation overtake the gloomy heaviness that had been weighing down on him since the massacre on the shores and, despite understanding that she wouldn’t have shown him had she been aware of its genesis prior, he took honor in witnessing. Seeing the way the robust mare interacted with the flames made an impression on him that they were almost sentient. "Certainly," he was quick to agree to keep her secret. Besides, this was not his to share. The baroque stallion was a courteous fellow that wouldn’t impose on such a private topic like a loose lipped filly gossiper.

Turnabout was fair play, the draft supposed when Syrilth asked if he was a wielder. "I have gained a few tricks but nothing of that-" thrusting his nose pointedly at the fire crackling along her body "- caliber."

Speaking candidly as he was the Lord of Arae understood that admitting a lack of impressive enchantment skills might pin him as weaker in some way but he certainly maintained a few surprises in his skills. From all the violence that he was witnessing of late, Kyrian was becoming a rather apt healer and he was quite a capable fighter. And the marginal magics he did wield unquestionably had their perks. If he couldn’t spare a flyer, the brute could just as easily send a brief message to Syrilth via a whisper. Another thing left unsaid was that he felt the potential within him, or he hoped that’s what was lurking at the cusp of his consciousness. In a subdued tone, Kyrian informed, "Since my coronation I have been able to speak across vast distances and shortly after that I gained the ability to generate electricity." In demonstration he stamped his right fore-hoof and thin bolts erupted throughout the russet dust before diminishing in sparks that fizzled out. He chuckled and blinked his citrine gaze at the absurdity of comparing this parlor trick with the real deal standing not four strides away. Yet it was the truth.

Having said what he came to say the dusk hued gentlestud wondered if he should take his leave or linger longer. Syrilth and he still stood at the border between Lyrus and neutral grounds. Behind him was the looming heights of the mountain he would soon enough have to trudge up and over again, and expanding into the seeable distance ahead of him was the ruby sandscape. Kyrian wondered if she would invite him to walk her territory as she escorted him or if she would bid him farewell.

OOC | Syrilth Phew, better response time but I'm not really sure where we want to take the rest of this thread. c: