07-07-18 ★ Our host will be updating the server, so any new posts from now may be affected. Please be sure to save them in a Word Doc like google documents. Will keep you updated until this is over, especially on Discord.

06-19-18 ★ We have updated our rules to match our host's update about inappropriate content. Anyone who goes against this will have their IP addresses banned by the host. If you've any questions, please contact a staff member.

06-14-18May OTM Nominations are up and ready to go, they will be open until the 28th of this month.

05-10-18 ★ OOC accounts are now automatically activated on their own once more!

Summer, Year 3    Leviticus Era
The new Firstborn Vihaan is visiting the horses of Carinae in Viridian Fields!
The Lost One has appeared needing help of your characters in this site wide plot!
Congratulations to Ritsika, the new player of newly mortal firstborn, Cora!
Welcome new Empress Kashmir of Heretic!
The Red Wastes now has a sub-forum of its own! All Lyrus members can post there but outsiders beware!
The training battle between Gotham City and Caelian has been decided on a winner!

Chatter
Cbox silent? We're in our Discord.

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
[Herd Meeting] A Change of Seasons
Queen

Neutral
 Adult, 5 yrs  Mare
 15.2 hh  800 lbs
58 Posts 280 points
 Serinidia Offline
Posted on Mar 11 2018, 3:19 PM. (Edited: Mar 11 2018, 3:27 PM by Shakaya.)

Shakaya

Weeds had grown rampant in her absence from the Fields and a glimmer of guilt flickered to the forefront of her mind as she came to a stop in front of the lake. The silence that had smothered her home had driven her to spend more time in the caverns than necessary and her ears flicked back at the memory. The Sister no longer exists, the thought was oddly exhilarating as she turned away from the glimmering water and cast critical eyes over the sea of grass in front of her. "Fellow members of Carinae," her voice was soft as she allowed it to travel across Elysium, "and those of you who left under the Khalasar, come to me. Come home to the fields and bring any who seek haven from the rest of the world, our Cora has returned and the Arae herd has reclaimed the Wretched Beach." 

So much has changed in the course of a single morning, a small shiver of anticipation caused her hide to twitch as a soft breeze offered reassurance. So much has yet to change, resolve started to burn through her as she narrowed her eyes and began to focus on the weeds around her. The vile plants were ripped from the ground, roots and all, only to be tossed in an ever growing pile. One by one, movement caught her attention as her companion skittered down a nearby tree in order to help collect the waste. The navy blue rat looked positively delighted to see the weeds being uprooted and her green eyes were wide with excitement. 

The new queen moved further away from the lake as she waited, making her way across the terrain and pulling up any weed she could find. Spring is coming and there must be room for new growth and perhaps, a smile was quick to grace her muzzle, new members. Her thoughts were quick to drift to a conversation that she had held in The House of Mischief, a confirmation that there were rogues looking for a place to settle. The smile remained as her tail swished, "I am Shakaya and I am your new queen."

Word Count: 360
OOC| More will be posted once those interested/are in the herd have responded.
Tags| Lael , Bella . Keres , Salvatore , Gwynn , Gustav , Blackbird , Asclepius , Zacharius , and any who have left but would like to come home.

Citizen

Pacifist
 Young Adult, 2-3 yrs  Mare
 14.1 hh  600 lbs
22 Posts 40 points
 BailanduSilueta Offline
Posted on Mar 12 2018, 2:11 PM. (Edited: Mar 12 2018, 2:12 PM by Gwynn.)

The sickly mare was quiet in her approach. Since joining the Carinae herd, invited to do so by the kind and strange Zacharius, she had not yet been called to a meeting. Hell, she hadn't even caught sight of the Queen while she resided here.

It was, therefore, with considerable surprise that Gwynn learned Arete no longer ruled the Viridian Fields and had handed her Kingdom over to a woman by the name of Shakaya. It was perhaps of good fortune that the horned fae had no former royal to compare the new ruler to, but then she didn't quite know what to expect. All she did know was that she hoped this 'new Queen' was nice. That was all she could possibly ask for.

Her steps were shaky, but at least the girl had been awake longer than a few hours. Her last sleep spell had been long and gruelling but thanks to the kind reminder of a few warm souls, she had remembered to feed herself and drink from a clearwater stream. Rejuvenated was not the word for how she felt, exactly, but she certainly could've felt worse. Her ears were blessed with the melodic, gentle voice of a woman announcing herself the new Queen, and a subdued excitement began to grow in the pit of the painted lady's stomach. She did not pick up her pace, for frail limbs would not allow it, but altered her course to take her along the perimeter of the lake and find her new Queen from there. Sure enough, within a few minutes she came within sight of a winged creature, alone and looking expectant. She closed the distance between them, some kind of bewildered as to be the first response to the lady's call, and offered a warm, welcoming smile. She wasn't sceptical, exactly, more sickeningly optimistic if anything, and didn't mean to come across patronising. It was more that being victim of long periods of sleep for so many years rid her of some of the more acceptable social tendencies. 

Awkwardly, she dipped her head to the woman, and a soft voice spoke her greeting, "Hello, Shakaya. I'm Gwynn," another smile, followed by a short pause as she struggled to find the appropriate words for a royal of a higher caliber than her, "It is an honour."

gwynn
tag : Shakaya - notes : <3
header image © martin jernberg on unsplash.com
html © bail

Empress

Neutral
 Adult, 4 yrs  Mare
 16.2 hh  1400 lbs
61 Posts 1,055 points
 Olive Offline
Posted on Mar 23 2018, 11:14 PM.

Kashmir had been bested by Benna in pursuit of the Heretic throne. She vied for the position as queen, and essentially made a proposition to a ghost, only to lose out in the end. And being that that was the case, she was starting to feel the itch for something. It could be that spring was fast approaching, and that itch was merely the shedding of Kashmir’s winter coat. Either that or it was the desire to belong to something more than herself. It was possible that it was a combination of them both too. The striped woman had been a rogue since arriving in Elysium, and thought that she would remain that way for quite some time. However, given the smallest taste of what herd life could be, it tasted good on her lips. And that was the draw to the Viridian Fields land. Kashmir had just been happening by when the call came to the Carinae members. Instead of ignoring like she normally would have, she decided to take a gander. The worst that could happen is that Kashmir would not like what she saw, and then would move on. And the potential best that could happen in this whole thing? Well, that was contingent upon what the herd and its leader had to offer her.  

Walking into the fields, the Friesian Zebra’s golden gaze roved over the territory. It looked like it could be a lovely place in its heyday, but it definitely needed some tender loving care then. Yes, a little tlc would return it to what it once was, and what it could be in the future. After looking around, that is when the sound of ripping reached Kashmir’s ears. They flicked forward in curiosity, and the mare craned her neck a bit for a better view. And who did she see but Shakaya going to town with her gardening capabilities, pruning the land from plant-like infestation. Ah, so she was the one that made the call. That was clear from the actions that she was making. It was the duty and obligation for the head of the herd to orchestrate its care, even if they personally had to do it, and not some lackey. This earned a notch of credit towards the blue tinted mare. Some rulers subjected their subjects to handling all the dirty work, and would not get down to the nitty gritty themselves. They sat on their golden thrones, being fed with a silver spoon, while others cranked out orders. But being that the queen was working about herself, Kashmir found that to be good. This prompted the mare to want to advance and investigate further.      

There was another mare that arrived just before Kash did, with what looked like a sickly constitution. Poor thing, that was not ideal. She would not wish this kind of sickness on any of her fellow equines. But the lady seemed to be accepted graciously enough into the land without fault from the looks of it. These were just assumptions based purely on what Kashmir could arbitrarily see – she did not want to eavesdrop - but it was a good start certainly. Before, the hybrid mare’s kindness and optimism was taken for weakness. The ability to possess empathy and make changes was considered a bad thing. That was how different it was in the Iron Valley in comparison to Viridian Fields. Here in these lands, judging solely on the first arrival, they were not the same. Chalk another good mark on the chalk board. It was Carinae – 2, elsewhere – 1. Kash could not help but wonder why the lands got to be in such a mildly unkempt state. It was not so bad as to be like the ash ridden Claiming Grounds, but it also was growing with unwanted flora. So how did the fields get to be this way? It was a question that she would have to ask when she got the chance. It could be as simple as no one got around to it in time or something greater like everyone abandoned the place before. Kashmir hoped that it was the former and not the latter, for everyone’s sake. Ultimately it would be one the deal breakers and deciding factors for her staying in the territory. She did not want to live in place with a notorious history. That sounded ironic now, considering the mare’s past experience.

While waiting to introduce herself, Kashmir dipped her head to the ground at her hooves. She pulled up a couple of stray weeds and tossed them aside in a show of good faith. Her velvet muzzle snuffled along the ground for a bit, revealing pearly white round teeth. When Kash got to one weed, she snagged it from the ground as Shakaya had done, clean and clear. It would not be growing back again if she had anything to say about it. Before she knew it, the striped woman had gotten to five, teen, and even fifteen weeds. She had wandered a bit from the other two mares, idly passing the time. It was easy to see how addictive this was, mindlessly unburying unwanted plants. When a good pile of the things were pulled up, Kashmir finally lifted her head again. The mare got her bearings again, and then headed towards the queen and her assumed herd member.

Dipping her head a bit in greeting, Kashmir finally deemed it time to speak. “Hello there, pardon the interruption, I am Kashmir,” she said smiling softly. “I thought I would take a turn about the fields and lend a helping hoof with the weeds. Also, I was intrigued by your call for Carinae members. Do you also take outsiders in your ranks?”

ooc - Shakaya & Gwynn

Citizen

Aggressor
 Adult, 4 yrs  Mare
 17.3 hh  900 lbs
13 Posts 155 points
 Amira Offline
Posted on Mar 24 2018, 7:02 PM. (Edited: Mar 24 2018, 7:04 PM by Vennom Seduction.)

Vono finally arrived at the Viridian Fields, after a really long journey. Going from the Depths until here, without having wings to fly like a pegasus, was quite hard, mostly because she was limping. Near her, Dante, the black and blue stripped anaconda was looking around. This was a better home for a snake then the Depths or a beach.
   Being an entertainer at the House of Mischief helped Vennom to hear the news: Shakaya became the new queen of Carinae. She didn't speak with the mare, maybe because she was the most antisocial girl among all the workers at the brothel and her personality was quite hard to understand: sassy, sarcastic, savage, annoying maybe? She was working all day with clients, tattooing them, helping her close friends, exploring, being a drug Diller. 
   The House of Mischief was the best way to find information about everything in the whole Elysium. V even heard about her friend, Kyrian, that he became the lord of the new herd, Arae. Still, the maiden prefers not to join his herd. It would be easier, but who would actually try to let her in their new herd. A new herd needs powerful people, with potential. And Vono was the opposite. She was lazy, and a former gangster, not a freaking general, knight or something. 
   Moving as fast as she could to get to the queen when she heard her call, Vono's mind was full of darkness. So many bad things happened in such a short time.
   '' Oi! Vono! Are you even listening to me? Ssslow down! Are you trying to hurt yourself even more? '' Dante said, keeping up with her 
   Normally, it would be hard for the anaconda to catch up, but Vono had a really bad wound at her left back leg, so she was limping. Vennom ignored him completely. She wanted to escape from House of Mischief. Yes, the brothel was a nice place, but so many accidents! Clients touching her non-stop and calling her a dirty whore when she didn't do what they wanted. Just a week ago, Vono was on her night shift, being a dancer, when a white stallion who was clearly drunk as fuck, decided to actually shout to her dirty things, and when she ignored him, he attacked her with brutality. Cheshire and the other bodyguard that were there managed to drag the idiot out of the Depths and be sure he never comes back, but V had enough. She truly needs to become more mature. She was too childish and lazy for her age. 
   V wasn't an egoist person, but she was visibly hurt. She went into her room and made sure that Dante was at the entrance and nobody could come except for some entertainers. Soon, all the people who worked there or at least visited the brothel knew about this...accident. The young girl refused any emotional or physical help. She refused even magic to treat her wounds. Her right horn was broken like her soul. 
   After some good days when Dante tried all he could to make her at least treat her wounds in a natural way, Vennom went out of her room, said goodbye to Ches, Viktor and all the other persons she saw, and run away. She really needs some help.
   Dante sighed when Vono finally stopped and saw Shakaya and other 2 equines standing right there. She hesitated first. 
   '' What the hell are you doing, Vennom Ssseduction? ''
   '' Don't you fucking dare to say my whole name, Dante. '' she whispered to the anaconda
   '' Go and say what you have to say. ''
   A little tear escaped from her icy eyes.
   '' I-I can't... '' 
   The snake remained puzzled.
   '' What? ''
   '' Who would allow me to join them? I look pathetic...I'm weak... ''
   '' ...Oh, my dear V, you are not weak, nor pathetic. You are just...lost. '' 
   '' No Dante, you can't understand. What if I'm just going to drag them down? I want to help Shakaya, not be the one who needs help and protection like a little girl... ''
   '' But you are on- ''
   '' I'M NOT A FUCKING LITTLE GIRL! I can't pretend I'm one all my life...I'm gonna die like this. ''
   Dante knew that Vennom's childhood was truly a nightmare and it was stoled for her. Maybe that's why she always has this childish nature.
   '' If you aren't going to try, then you are going to fucking really lose this shit. '' 
   Finally, Vono sighed and took some steps forward. 
   '' Queen Shakaya, '' she started, '' You may know me. I worked at the House of Mischief for a long time. I'm Vennom Seduction and I'm looking for a new home. If you let me stay, I promise that I will try my best to help you and the other and protect this lands with all my kind. I have powerful magic, but I'm really good at any kinds of plants, herbs, and medicine. You may take me as a professional healer or at least a Potion Maker and I swear loyalty for the Carinae Herd. '' 
   Her voice was clear and serious, trying not to sound like the broken and sad person she was at this moment. All she wanted is just a new home, something to do and maybe...a friend and a new chance to a better life.

OOC: The fight between her and Dante was in the subconscious. I thought this was a better way for her to join. She just really needs help and a new place to stay.
Tags: Shakaya Kashmir Gwynn
Words: 914 

Citizen

Neutral
 Adult, 6 yrs  Mare
 20.0 hh  2400 lbs
3 Posts 65 points
 Boaz Offline
Posted on Mar 25 2018, 4:45 AM.

there’s a flaw in my code.

This land of Elysium had been a bit harder to navigate than she would of thought, more than her father had let on, at least. "Go to the Fields, Zhowi. You'll know it when you see it, you need to aid Shakaya. Help her find her path. Now GO! The deep, deafening voice of her father echoed throughout her mind. It was enough to give her a headache just thinking about it. Audits pinned against her head, nares flares, her maw agape as she bared her vicious fangs at nothing in particular. Nothing but the memory of her father tossing demands at her. "Yeah, yeah, yeah... most certainly, father. How 'bout you get your scaly ass over here yourself? Oh, too busy being a lazy ass in a cave?" She mumbled into the wind, slamming her heavy hooves into the ground beneath her. Knowing full well she was nearly creating tiny earthquakes, but she didn't give a damn otherwise.

"Lazy fucker." She spat, swishing her tail in frustration. Wings tucked neatly at her side, she could smell the mixture of freshly blossomed plant life and sea water... that had been a clue Valor had given her. She was near. Coming to a halt, she found herself at the top of a rather tall hill, it was more so like a cliff. It overlooked a massive lake, with lush meadows and fields. She could see a colorful equine with a few others gathered. Zhowi threw her maw to the skies and flared her nares, inhaling the scents. "She will smell like vanilla and cayenne, you may also find a rat near here. That's her pet. Don't eat it, she'd be pissed." She could hear her father again, which brought a small smile to her lips. The wind brought such scents to her and within moments Zhowi had pushed off from the ground and outspread her wings, gliding down to where the small group gathered.

Bringing herself to the ground as gracefully as someone her size could a few paces from the gathering, she gave her wings one last flap before rustling them and tucking them against her hide. Emerald orbs observed the others who had came to Shakaya's calling and she memorized them, a skill she had been taught long ago in the khalasar she was born in. Bringing her piercing gaze to the only one who faced the multiple others, she halted within a few steps from her. Zhowi paused for a few moments, gazing into the orbs of the colorful woman, before bringing herself into a deep, respectful bow. Her maw touched the lush grasses beneath them. "M'ach, Shakaya. Zhowi, eldest daughter of Valor Marro at your service. It is an honor." She announced herself, slowly bringing herself back up from the bow. It was obvious to her now, that she in fact towered over the Queen of the Fields, but it mattered none to her.

Gazing deeply into her rather gorgeous orbs, Zhowi took a few steps backward to give her space.

voices won't leave me alone.

Shakaya
OOC: <3

Unregistered

N/A Posts 0 points

Posted on Mar 25 2018, 11:05 AM.

Another change of leadership. Zacharius' small ears pressed against his massive skull as he strolled forwards to the meeting. This was becoming quite a common occurrence it seemed, that the herd would settle under the thumb of one ruler only for them to be swapped out by another just as fast.

The mare taking charge of the herd this time was smaller in size than the previous rulers, and her coat was a shocking blue. She bore wings of multiple colours, her mane and tail a striking purple that matched her eyes.

He was on edge, but Zacharius could not really be blamed for that. The last few herd meetings had not gone in his favour, the first of them when he was named a murderer and then the second of which when half of those he believed to be loyal herd mates had simply walked away from their herd. But now, it seemed, the Arae could reclaim their own land. The Corona could now reclaim their own land. Perhaps some would come back to the herd?

There was only one face the stallion recognised, and that was a disappointment. Gwyn, the small and frail little creature he had led back to the fields from the Claiming Grounds. He offered her a gentle nod before addressing their new Queen.

"I am Zacharius, it is a pleasure to meet you. I have been a member of this herd since before the merging of Corona and Area," the lizard man paused to muse over his next words, despite them being well rehearsed at this point, "I would like to offer you my services as a Knight."
DON'T GET CAUGHT
OOC | Short and crappy but it's a post >.<

Queen

Neutral
 Adult, 5 yrs  Mare
 15.2 hh  800 lbs
58 Posts 280 points
 Serinidia Offline
Posted on Mar 27 2018, 10:31 PM. (Edited: Mar 27 2018, 10:43 PM by Shakaya.)

Shakaya

For a moment the vixen felt foolish as she stood waiting for the others to answer her call. How many are left? The violet tail flicked as the mare returned her attention to the earth around her. Teal ears twitched in the overwhelming silence that had followed her summons and a small flicker of disappointment began to kindle. Patience, it was something she should be good at, they must be able to finish whatever it is they are doing and travel here. Her head lowered and she grasped the base of a weed firmly, offering little mercy to the pestilent plant as she tugged. Yiteri was quick to catch it as it was tossed to the side, body twisting before she landed on her paws with a smug look on her face. Shakaya offered a smile in return before her ears pricked and her head lifted. Someone is coming, a forehoof stomped the ground in excitement as she eagerly looked around the grassland. It didn't take long for the cause of the shuffling to reveal itself and the vixen felt a wave of comfort at the sight of a familiar form. 

The other mare looked to be a sickly thing, movements slow and deliberate as shaky legs seemed to struggle to support her frame. Gwynn, the name supplied itself as her herdmate grew closer. The teal vixen had never had the chance to properly introduce herself to the other mare, the sightings far and few between. A single ear flicked back as she cast a critical gaze over the frail body, I claim to be a healer and yet I allowed you to get this bad. Her mouth began to sag, longing to frown worriedly as Gwynn greeted her respectfully. I have done nothing to earn your respect or loyalty. Not yet, the queen found her own head dipping along with the other mare, a soft smile spread across her features as she managed to establish eye contact. She kept the visual connection, eyes warm and soft as her lips started to move. "The pleasure is mine, Gwynn. Please, treat me as you would a friend." A golden hoof stepped forward and Shakaya seemed to stretch out before thinking better of initiating contact and returned still. Would she welcome my touch? Perhaps touching the other mare would be pushing the introduction a little too far. Her mind started to race as she wondered what had caused her new friend to become so sickly. Let me help you, the words ached to be spoken but were silenced by the arrival of another horse.

Do you take outsiders? The pegasus turned away from Gwynn with a delighted grin, body quivering with excitement at the prospect of a new member. "Of course," her head tossed as she gestured to the land around them, "the Fields are free to any who are lost, sick or lonely." A small frown tugged at her muzzle before she added, "well, to those that have the best of intentions at heart." The smile returned as she observed the discarded weeds that lay near Kashmir. "We are the herd that fights for those who cannot and consider every member as a part of our family." Amethyst eyes gleamed as Shakaya took a moment to appreciate the design that zig-zagged through the pale mare's coat. "I hope you decide to call Carinae your home."

It was Yiteri that noticed the third mare, navy blue fur puffing as she ground her teeth together in alarm. The rodent's tail flicked uneasily as she retreated a few steps, dragging a few uprooted weeds with her, and clambered up Shakaya's lowered wing. Tiny paws gripped the appendage tightly as her eyes narrowed in distrust. There was a small squeak of protest as the vixen under her started to move towards the serpent, the fingers scrabbling to get the mare's attention. "What are you doing?" the question was a hushed whisper as the pair came to a halt. "It's a snake, a snake. Don't you know what snakes eat?"

The small rumble of amusement was most likely the opposite reaction the rat had been expecting and Shakaya craned her neck so that she could see her companion. "I'm sure it won't eat you." The painted face turned serious as the queen returned her attention to the equine in front of her. The other mare looked vaguely familiar and white nostrils flared as they drank in the scent. The stranger carried traces of the House of Mischief on her and it was only then that amethyst eyes widened in recognition. The two mares had never had the chance to socialize despite Shakaya's desire to reach out. Traveling from the fields to the depths left little extra time and the teal vixen found herself shivering in delight once more. "I know who you are," the words rushed from her tongue before she could stop them. Her ears flicked to and fro as she realized how alarming the statement must sound coming from a stranger. "I've seen you around in the House of Mischief, I am thrilled to finally get the chance to meet you Vono." The smile that continued to grace her features was genuine, "welcome home."

How ironic, there was a touch of humor as the healer stretched her neck, it would seem as though I am the smallest one here. Her head tilted to the side as she cast a glance around the surrounding area, perhaps I should make a pile of dirt to stand on so that I can see eye-to-eye with them. The idea wasn't horrible and Shakaya almost started to nod before realizing that the action would make her look eccentric. A sharp tug on her mane was the only warning she had before a mare landed in front of her. The healer opened her mouth to greet the stranger before watching in confusion as the paint bowed. Bowed, for a few seconds, the only thing Shakaya could do was guffaw stupidly at the action before she quickly dropped to mirror the action. "Please, don't bo-" the request stammered to a halt at the words that left the stranger's mouth. Valor's daughter? Amethyst eyes were quick to dart to the sky, the hope in them plainly displayed for those gathered to see. The emotion was slow to ebb away and Shakaya turned her focus on the massive foreigner. I think she's foreign, there was a slight tilt to the teal vixen's head as she listened, she has a strange accent. "Can I trust that you won't vanish like your father?" The question was spoken lowly, so low that only Zhowi could hear it. There was a brief pause as she studied the paint in front of her, eyes searching for clues before her lips parted, "Please, don't bow." Her expression softened, "I am not better than any of you and I don't pretend to be."

Shakaya turned away as another voice began to speak, this one much lower than the others. Her nostrils flared as she drank in his scent and committed it to memory. This one was also familiar, a ghost of a scent that lingered around the fields and her eyes brightened. The reptile-like stud seemed uneasy and the healer's thoughts began to race. I've always longed to hear the stories of the Corona time, she stepped closer to him, her head dipping in a greeting. "I am happy to see that you are still with the herd. I'd like to apologize for not seeking your company until now." The vixen seemed to gleam, "I'd like very much to learn more about the history of our herd from someone that has lived it."

The mare backed away, scanning the landscape hopefully as she waited for the other members of her herd to appear. It would be unfair to keep those that had gathered waiting and yet... Lael, Bella, Keres, Salvatore, Blackbird, and Ascelpius... where are you? She would search for them later, heart fluttering as she wondered if they were alive and healthy. Her attention returned to those present, "I apologize for allowing the fields grow unruly, it won't happen again. The only things I require of each of you is that you defend those who are weaker than yourselves, that help those who request it and come to me with any problems that you may have." Her gaze settled briefly on Gwynn before flicking to the others. "A few more things,"  her voice grew somber as she continued, "be loyal to each other and have fun." 

Word Count: 1,427
OOC| Gwynn , Kashmir , Vennom Seduction , Zhowi and Zacharius Please feel free to reply, I'd love to read the reactions each of your characters have! <3

Citizen

Pacifist
 Young Adult, 2-3 yrs  Mare
 14.1 hh  600 lbs
22 Posts 40 points
 BailanduSilueta Offline
Posted on Mar 30 2018, 4:01 PM.

It almost saddened the frail lady as her new Queen spoke of how she had let the herd of Carinae down. Had she possessed the energy, Gwynn might've stamped her foot or jumped up and down singing, 'No, No! You have done nothing wrong, m'lady!' alas, the energy was not hers to abuse and so she remained shaking where she stood, looking upon the situation with a soft smile grazing her greying features.

Young woman was ever the optimist despite the crippling disease enveloping her sickly body. It was rare to see the girl not wearing a smile, and today was a common day. If anything, she had more reason to smile in the kind address of her new royal. She was not chastised for bowing but warmly asked not to treat Shakaya any differently, which only made her more appreciative, more in awe of the woman. Smile grew wider on pale lips as she watched the mare almost, but not, initiate contact. A soft heat threatened at her cheeks though of course the blush could not show, and Gwynn closed the distance as she stretched out her own neck, joining her muzzle with Shakaya's for a brief moment as she inhaled and suppressed a giggle as the Queen's whiskers tickled her nose. 

Drawing back, Gwynn nodded happily. "Okay," her voice remained light and jovial as she scanned over the rest of the new arrivals. Only she and Zac, the man who had brought her here to begin with, seemed to remain of the original herd members. The rest were strangers, a crowd compiled of faces she did not recognise but would no doubt endeavour to get to know over the coming months. She brandished a sparkling grin at each one of them, before realising she had not yet finished her response to Shakaya. "Oops!" she shook her head gently, wincing slightly as the feeling of her brain rattling in her skull inflicted a little pain and dizziness - she must learn to stop doing that while her health was at its current level! She returned her watch to Shakaya, expression mildly apologetic, "A friend you shall be," she beamed, now seeming to almost sing her replies, "Do not worry about the weeds, silly," she giggled, holding back the urge to tell the Queen it was beneath her to have to partake in such mundane tasks as weed-uprooting, "Some of them are pretty, anyways." she stepped back a little, voice quietening as she subdued her excitement and allowed someone else to speak.
gwynn
tag : Shakaya - notes: a bit muddled but here have a happy gwynn cx
header image © martin jernberg on unsplash.com
html © bail

Empress

Neutral
 Adult, 4 yrs  Mare
 16.2 hh  1400 lbs
61 Posts 1,055 points
 Olive Offline
Posted on Apr 02 2018, 10:03 PM. (Edited: Apr 02 2018, 10:09 PM by Kashmir.)

Kashmir thankfully did not have to wait long to receive an answer to her initial question. She simply had to allow for the prior conversation with Gwynn to fully run its course before Shakaya was able to respond to her. The Friesian Zebra did not want to intrude or eavesdrop upon the other mares’ conversation. She would not want that to happen to her, and did not want to do that to others either. Instead it was best to wait patiently in line, and then go from there, and that is exactly what Kashmir did. It was encouraging to hear the answer that she got in return too. It was vastly different from what she experienced only a few weeks before with another herd, one of which she would not mention by name. That was in the past, and this was in the present; there was no sense in looking in the rearview mirror when there was more roads ahead to travel. And Kashmir was able to leave unscathed on her own accord from the other place, so there was no need to bring it up. 

Carinae just seemed to be more the mare’s speed. And staying in her own lane was not such a bad idea either. This herd was one for those without a place to be or who were down on their luck? Kashmir instantly felt an urge to help, she just did not know how to yet. And they were considered to be a family unit? Well now, that was the nail in the rhetorical coffin, even though they were speaking of life, not death. It sounded like a place that Kash would be willing to stay at for a considerable duration of time. And when she told others about it – mainly her daughter – she was certain that they would agree too. It would be different being a herd horse after being a rogue as long as the mare had. But feelings and things change over time, no matter who you are. Staying stagnant is not an option, no matter how hard you try, though some progress faster.  

“Thank you; that is good information to know. And very enticing to me too,” Kashmir said in response to the teal mare’s words. There was only a few other things the hybrid woman wanted to know before officially making a decision to stay. “What sort of things would you require out of your herd…er I mean…family members? Carinae does not seem like a place of war, obviously it is the stark opposite of that. It is my assumption that it is more of a safe haven than anything. So maybe more guardianship is required rather than warriors? And perhaps maybe caregivers and ambassadors are needed as well? But are there any other specifics you have in mind?” The mare knew of her capabilities and talents. She was not specifically the fighting type anymore as far as she was concerned. Kash was as sharp as a tack sometimes, but it had been quite a long time since she had faced any real confrontation. Physical altercations were not her area of excellence per se; though she would not hesitate to try them on for size should the need arise. Kashmir also understood that she was the kind of horse to administer care for others, though she was not an official healer like Shakaya was. She figured that she was more the nurse type than actual physician. She could concoct rudimentary relief for the simplest of ailments, but that was not where she wanted to study. Others already occupied those positions; she was there for comfort and having a calming effect. As for being an ambassador for the herd, the lady could do that as well, though that would require travel again. Establishing real roots somewhere and figuring out one’s true place and calling was hard sometimes.

“What I mean to say is,”
Kashmir began again, “how do you structure your herd in terms of ranks? What are you in need of?” Her golden eyes watched the queen and her smaller friend curiously. Whether or not Kash stayed in Carinae was not solely contingent upon the ranking system, but it would simply be helpful to know. The mare wanted to understand where she fit amongst a place like this one, even so welcoming as it was. She did not want to be dead weight or a burden to anyone else. If that was the case, she could stay in the position that she was, and make her own way just fine as well. Kashmir was no lazy beast, and always pulled her own weight as she could. But in this whole matter, it was a thing of what weight would also be placed upon her by others in addition to herself.   

ooc - Shakaya