06-19-18 ★ We have updated our rules to match our host's update about inappropriate content. Anyone who goes against this will have their IP addresses banned by the host. If you've any questions, please contact a staff member.

06-14-18May OTM Nominations are up and ready to go, they will be open until the 28th of this month.

05-10-18 ★ OOC accounts are now automatically activated on their own once more!

05-09-18 ★ The new Firstborn's name has been decided!

04-29-18March OTM Winners are up! Go check out who won or see the IC News to take a peek with the OTM banners.

Summer, Year 3    Leviticus Era
The new Firstborn Vihaan is visiting the horses of Carinae in Viridian Fields!
The Lost One has appeared needing help of your characters in this site wide plot!
Congratulations to Ritsika, the new player of newly mortal firstborn, Cora!
Welcome new Empress Kashmir of Heretic!
The Red Wastes now has a sub-forum of its own! All Lyrus members can post there but outsiders beware!
The training battle between Gotham City and Caelian has been decided on a winner!

Chatter
Cbox silent? We're in our Discord.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
I Swear To Drunk ||HoM
Unregistered

N/A Posts 0 points

Posted on Jan 22 2018, 9:19 PM.

we go way back, my mask and i
He needed to get drunk. It wasn't very often Viktor needed to drink enough alcohol to make him even giddier than usual, but this was one of them. He'd been moping. Viktor doesn't mope! Viktor is a light-hearted, childish, air-headed creature who doesn't let things bother him. But this was bothering him. Scar-face was bothering him.

Yes, that stinking old man. He'd rejected Viktor with a spit-take. A spit take! What was he, a child? Hmph. Viktor most certainly wasn't. And well, neither was scar-face. But then why had he rejected him like that!?! Was it something Viktor had done? Was it something he'd said? Was it... just him? Did the man not like him? Viktor had been certain that the old man had been interested...

It was a good thing he wasn't working today. Or tomorrow. There would be one hell of a hangover to deal with. Getting drunk in your own workplace probably wasn't a good idea, but he needed this. Anne Bonny would look after him, right? She was the barkeep after all. If not, there was the entertainers or the bouncer - bouncer is a funny word for a bodyguard isn't it? Did the man literally bounce people away? That was something Viktor wanted to watch.

He started to picture it. That odd looking man not liking someone who tried to walk in, rolling them into a ball and bouncing it away like a basketball. Viktor laughed at that, the sound bubbling from him in almost hysteric fashion before moving to drain the last of his drink.

Oh, it was empty. He pouted, eyes narrowing onto the barkeep's back. His eyes then trailed back to the alcohol the other side of the counter, willing the nearest bottle to just hop onto the bar in front of him so he could continue with his quest to forget things.

Forget what things, again? Oh, that man. That one. Not the nice ones that talked to him - what were their names again? One had been black and firey and the other was roan with colourful wings. His brow furrowed as he tried to grab the name but it flew just out of reach. Hic.

Woah, what was that? That was awesome! He just... he just hiccuped! Viktor giggled, head dropping onto the bar in front of him. The thing was too heavy to hold up, weighing him down. Was his head always this heavy? He squinted, staring at the swirl of colours on the glass of his now empty bottle that only he seemed to be able to see.

He'd asked someone about them earlier. They'd laughed at him and told him he was drunk. They had said he ought to go home, to which he said 'I don' 'ave a 'ome,' before giggling at the sound of his own voice. They'd looked at his weirdly then, but Viktor had been too busy watching the colours swirl together like magic. Like he was right now.

Hic!
OOC| Quetzalli Ask and ye shall recieve xD

Citizen

Neutral
 Adult, 4 yrs  Stallion
 15.2 hh  1500 lbs
39 Posts 105 points
 Kornari Offline
Posted on Jan 30 2018, 1:55 AM. (Edited: Jan 30 2018, 1:57 AM by Quetzalli.)

Quetzalli
Take me down to your paradise
Quetzalli had found himself filled with hiraeth, a homesickness for a home to which he could not return, one that had not even really had the time to become a true home to him, but that he felt a yearning grief for its loss all the same.

It had been both eons and seconds it seemed since the gentleman had seen any of the others from Carinae... His friends. Not since Amapola had been ousted, and it still niggled at his mind that he had no idea what had become of her except that she had been defeated in battle. She could be dead for all he knew, and that idea alone had kept him awake in the night, emerald eyes gazing up at the galaxy of stars that coated Elysium's sky. 

He hoped dearly that she was ok... out there somewhere plotting how to return to her people. For Quetzalli had no illusions that his Queen would regain her title one way or another. In just their short acquaintance, he had seen just how much it had meant to her. Either she would win back the Viridian Fields or he would find a cure for the Satin Beach, and she would be able to return to her true throne, the land of her birth. 

But this task he could not do alone, and he knew that his friend Viktor had left the herd at the same time he had. In the weeks Quetzalli had spent sequestered amongst the floral walkways of the Immortal Gardens, he had heard rumors that the overo man had taken up a sort of residence in this place. The Depths. But as the roan stallion carefully picked his way through the caverns, each step echoing strangely in the quiet, he could not quite imagine why. It was dark, wet, and cold... there was no sunlight here. There had been a cavern a ways back with some beautiful crystals growing that gave a strangely beautiful glow, but the majority of the cave system that the scholar had travelled thus far was mostly dripping stalagmites and stalactites and mysterious forests growing deep underground. It was both wondrous and unsettling to the gentleman. What had Viktor been thinking, coming here? The question left Quetzalli perplexed, quietly pondering his friend's thoughts as he searched. 

He had wandered lost for some time in this underground labyrinth when he stumbled upon what the rest of Elysium had deemed the House of Mischief. As he was walking by yet another branching cavern path, the soft whisper of... something caught the roan's attention. He paused, ears swiveling to better catch whatever it was he'd heard. Again the noise, just the faintest hint of life deeper within the caves, reached his ears. Not knowing what he was getting himself into, Quetzalli tracked the sound to a larger cavern that opened up like an amphitheater. It was like a hurricane of sound and color washed over him at once, and Quetzalli stumbled back a few steps with the shock of it.

A natural stage formed from the rock filled one side of the room, where several luscious creatures danced for patrons who gathered around them. The roan immediately felt the heat of embarrassment creep up his neck into his face, and a wing darted out to shield his eyes from the impropriety. He blinked several times, turning his face into his chest. He had never been to a brothel but he had heard of such things from his brother and the other young stallions back home. He'd never been much inclined to join them in their debauchery when they had trotted off for a night of fun... he'd been more enticed by the notion of a few moments of peace and quiet with a new scroll or tome that his mentor had imparted upon him, filled with wondrous knowledge to learn. 

It was in his shock and surprise, however, that he noticed the bar that lined the opposite side of the room to the stage... where a rather familiar chestnut and white man was slumped over the counter and staring rather intently at an empty glass bottle in front of his nose. Carefully avoiding looking at the cynosure that occupied the left side of the room, Quetzalli made his way through the gathered bodies towards Viktor. After a little jostling, Quetz found himself standing next to the overo stallion. He could see the dazed look in the man's eyes and sighed in exasperation.

"Of course I would find you drunk, you rotten scalawag. Now I understand why you ended up here."

The words came with a chuckle and a roll of his eyes, and just a tiny bit of annoyance. In reality, though he sounded like a scolding parent, Quetzalli was rather glad to see the drunken oaf that was his friend. It was almost comical, though, how much it did make sense now.
"Just how long have you been here drinking, Viktor?"

"Vocalization." | Actions | Thoughts

OOC | Viktor Lol poor Quetz is being a mother hen.

Unregistered

N/A Posts 0 points

Posted on Feb 02 2018, 5:52 PM.

Viktor didn't know anything about Amapola or the herd he had left behind. He didn't care for politics anymore, they'd fucked him over royally more than once and in many more ways. Down here there were no politics. Just alcohol, dancing and sex. Well, it was a brothel - what do you expect? The simple life was brilliant, but still. It wasn't home. What the hell made somewhere a home, anyway? He never understood the whole 'home is where the heart is' thing anyway. The heart was an organ inside the body, beating and pumping blood around until it was stabbed through with a blade of some kind. Then, there would be nothing but death and red red red red red red red...

The colours had swirled into a translucent, deep red and he hated it, wanted it gone. Viktor pushed his head forward, brow furrowed in frustration and pure hatred for the colour before knocking the bottle off the bar in front of him. It went crashing tot he ground where it made a satisfying shattering sound on the other side of the bar, earning him a glare.

But he felt better - much better. The red was gone and it was replaced with Quetzalli. Quetzalli! That was the name he was searching for! He grinned up at the taller, feathered man, positively beaming. He shoved up closer to the roan, close enough that he was invading the man's personal space bubble but with Quetzalli it didn't matter.

The overo man convulsed with a hiccup before opening his mouth and spilling forth whatever words happened to be on his tongue.

"Queeetzaaaaleeeeeee!" he cried out, blue eyes sparkling in pure glee, "I missed you."

Then the roan's words registered in his ears, making his pout.

"I don't normally drink," it was short and curt, but Viktor was difficult to take seriously, "Can't when I'm working."

He paused before leaning back a little, swaying in that was drunkards normally do before continuing.

"But today. Today. I needed it," he leaned in again, pushing his face close up to his friend's in an attempt to get the point across and be all super-duper-serious. But the attempt failed miserably when he hiccuped again and almost fell over giggling from the sound of it.
OOC| Quetzalli xD

Citizen

Neutral
 Adult, 4 yrs  Stallion
 15.2 hh  1500 lbs
39 Posts 105 points
 Kornari Offline
Posted on Feb 09 2018, 3:01 AM. (Edited: Feb 09 2018, 3:10 AM by Quetzalli.)

Quetzalli
The roan stallion couldn't help but chuckle at the overo's slurred squeal. Quetzalli might have been many things, but heartless wasn't one. And truth be told, he was still a colt at heart, so the sound of his name and the familiar feeling of Viktor sidling up close, invading his space, made Quetzalli feel more at home in this moment than he had since they had left the Fields. The sober man bumped his friend jovially with a broad wing. Not hard enough to knock the obviously unsteady man over, but just enough to keep him from falling into Quetzalli and knocking the both of them over. That would probably be more embarrassment than the young stallion could handle all at once.

"I've missed you too, my friend."

He raised his brows and looked down his nose at Viktor's next words, ears pricked eagerly towards the overo man as Quetzalli tried to listen closely over the din of the brothel and the other man's slurring. He managed to pick up most of what Viktor was saying... perhaps it was his gift for languages, or the fact that he'd often had to nurse his elder brother after a night out, but somehow Quetzalli had learned to translate the garbled, mumbled words that typically came from drunkards' lips. Viktor, to his chagrin, was rather more eloquent at this point than Quetzalli would've given him credit for. He supposed the older man probably held his drink rather well, so though he was stumbling and wobbly he retained mostly-clear speech at the moment.

"Working? You work here? Well that would keep you mostly out of trouble, I suppose."

His head shot back in surprise as Viktor's face was suddenly inches from his, giggling and hiccup-ing. One would think that by now, the roan would be used to Viktor's particular brand of enthusiasm, but it still caused the younger male some surprise. His wings puffed out a few feet to the sides, knocking a nearby table and setting the glasses upon it teetering. A rough snarl came from the two patrons sitting there, and Quetzalli mumbled an apology before gently nudging Viktor back towards the bar. He tried to ease the overo man down into a seat, then sat down next to him. A waitress started towards them from the bar, but Quetzalli waived her off. The last thing that Viktor needed was more alcohol...

"What happened, Viktor?"

He looked upon his friend with concern. It had been several months since they had left the Fields, and yet it felt like a lifetime. He didn't know Viktor well, and yet in this moment Quetzalli felt like he did not know the other man at all. He could have predicted that Viktor would end up in a place like this, sure, but he could not even imagine what had caused the other male to resort to this level of drinking. In what little time they had known one another, Quetzalli would've categorized Viktor as a rather jolly individual. Seeing him like this, it unsettled the feathered boy a little.

He supposed the knowledge that there were very seductive dancers just a few short yards behind him didn't help his comfort levels. He had never been in a brothel or bar or any type of place like them. He wasn't quite sure where to look, or how to act, so he merely focused on his friend with an almost intense concern in his emerald eyes.

OOC | Viktor Quetz isn't quite sure what to make of this situation o.O

Unregistered

N/A Posts 0 points

Posted on Feb 14 2018, 4:58 PM.

He was so utterly overjoyed that his friend had come to visit that Viktor couldn't help but wear a ridiculously large grin and practically squeal when Quetzalli said he missed Viktor too.

"Quetzalli, you are. The. Best. No, better than that. You're a Level Two Bless," he stared into his friend's eyes sternly, "Go on, say it."

He then swung his head around to face some other customer behind him and leaned in close to them before gesturing the poor unsuspecting horse to Quetzalli.

"You tell him too. Go on, tell 'im he's a Level Two Bless. Saaaay iiiiiittt."

That earned him one of those 'you're insane' looks and then his friend was guiding Viktor away. It surprised even himself how his tongue and lips - as numb and strange as they felt - could form words with quite a decent amount of elegance. But then again, he was so used to forming so many different shapes and sounds with his lips and vocal chords the control he had over them was excellent.

The roan stallion guided the overo man, tripping over his own hooves as the ground seemed to warp into different shapes beneath him, to a table. Viktor promptly flopped down as if his legs gave in beneath him, but the movement still held a strange amount of grace.

He'd been beaming at the waitress, opening his mouth to ask for yet more alcohol when she was waved away by the roan. So instead he settled for aiming a death glare at the man until his attention was stolen by Quetzalli's words. In his drunken state he failed to notice how concerned his friend was, or else Viktor would have attempted to appease him.

As it was, the overo man slumped forward against the table in exasperation and annoyance. His ears flicked backwards as his mouth opened and he exclaimed a little too loudly.

"He did a spit-take! A spit. take. Can you believe it? It was like this-"

Viktor cut himself off as he spun to face the table behind him and grabbed a mouthful of whatever it was they were drinking utterly ignoring their angry exclamations. He faced Quetzalli again and proceeded to spit the alcohol from his mouth in a spectacular arc.

"Like that! I mean, really! He's a... an... He's a starshiy!"

The word he was looking for escaped Viktor. Sometimes knowing more than one language worked against you. He gave up then, flopping his chin down onto the table surface with a childish pout.
OOC| Quetzalli He's all over the place in this o.o

Starshiy - elder - Russian - probably used it totally wrong but he's drunk x'D
Also I had someone come up to my friends and I when we were out and proclaimed my friend was a level two bless. I had to use it lmao

Citizen

Neutral
 Adult, 4 yrs  Stallion
 15.2 hh  1500 lbs
39 Posts 105 points
 Kornari Offline
Posted on Mar 16 2018, 1:00 AM.

Quetzalli
Quetzalli could not help but laugh at Viktor's dramatics. If there was one thing the elder stallion was good at, it was being overly dramatic. Still, it was endearing. 

"A spit take? Who? Why?"

In his drunkenness, Viktor seemed to fail to realize that Quetzalli had not been present for whatever this event was that had gotten him so upset. Still, the roan could extrapolate a little more information from this... Obviously another male had caused the incident by Viktor's words. Who that might be, Quetz did not know. He could probably guess that the stranger was not present as well, because otherwise he could just imagine the level of trouble that Viktor would've already been in... In the roan's mind he could see the elder man drunkenly taking a swing at someone and getting himself kicked out from the cave. No, the fact that Viktor was still here happily drinking himself to oblivion said that whoever had caused him such distress was long gone.

Still, there was only one thing that he could imagine would drive the man to drink this much...

"Viktor... did this man reject you? Are you lovesick?

The words were delivered with mixture of awe and smugness. A soft smirk pulled at the young man's lips, his emerald eyes hooded as he gave his friend a knowing look. He'd only known love, or rather the absence of it, to cause this particular level of woe-is-me-ish-ness. His brother had sometimes come home mopey and dejected because he'd been jilted by one lover or another. Quetzalli himself had never experienced such overwhelming emotion for another... though somewhere deep in his heart he could have felt it for a certain chocolate-cloaked Queen that had been missing for some time. That momentary thought, plus the strange nervousness that had overcome him, began to turn into an indigence that had him slamming a hoof to the floor.

"Tell me who this... bastard is, friend. He deserves a speaking to if he has done such wrong to you."

The curse felt both foreign and strangely appropriate on Quetzalli's tongue. Defensive of his friend's honor, there was a rush of adrenaline that gave him a little thrill. It was a uniquely new feeling to the youngster, who was so used to being a rather prim gentleman... but at the same time, he rather enjoyed the idea of giving this man a piece of his mind. 

OOC | Viktor Quetz might be getting a little brave here XD